What's new
What's new

In need of some good YouTube reccomendations

adammil1

Titanium
We just got a new TV in the bedroom this one comes with Smart TV which allows me to amongst other things watch YouTube like it is real TV. So now that I finished watching most of the episodes of Salvage Squad a British TV series of which there is no comparison to on American television well as most of the old Fred Dibbinah series I am now in need of some good new recommendations.

Anyone care to offer up a few? Heck maybe it is time for another good sticky thread where everyone can post their best finds.

By the way getting YouTube on the TV is one of the coolest things to come along in a long time.

search for acorn to arabella, a series about building a 38' wooden ketch including pouring the keel. And search on 20 mule team borax wagons and watch a series of videos on building a pair of wagons and driving the 20 mule teams. Both are interesting and you can spend a long time on each one. they are in about 10 min. to 40 min. segments.

If you like cars, Jay Leno's Garage is always interesting, Anything from todays super cars, run of the mill sedans of the fifties to early examples of automotive history. all kinds of interesting stuff there.

I second This old Tony. Millennium Farmer is pretty good too. Quick question though, if my parents had a TV in their bedroom would they've stopped at 4?

As mentioned above... This Old Tony and Abom79 (Adam Booth)

This Old Tony has production values and humor only matched by his ability to explain things.
Adam is a natural teacher and makes machining look like fun. He runs the classic machines including a shaper. It is also his profession so you get to see both sides of it.

Anything featuring Guy Martin, e.g. Wall of Death speed record attempt, Spitfire restoration, travelling in Russia and China..... His accent might be problematic, although you are trained on Fred Dibnah.

If you're into cars and/or general fabrication, Project Binky is my current favorite. Two guys in Shropshire, England are jamming a Toyota Celica 2-liter turbo AWD drivetrain into an old Austin Mini. They show you everything, but not in the long, drawn-out unedited single-take Keith Fenner way either. They show you the important bits, and have a great sense of humor about all of it too. (The latest episodes shows how, due to the extreme confines of the engine compartment, they had to cable drive the alternator and air conditioning compressor[/i].)

I'll also add my vote for This Old Tony. Excellent production values, great sense of humor, fun videos.

Roadkill is another car-nut channel- not so much fabrication and not much actual machining at all, but still some pretty wild builds.

Doc.

You didn't give us any hints as to the type of content you like.

Below are some suggestions in no particular order...

ROBRENZ
Joe Pieczynski
Abom79
Solid Rock Machine Shop Inc.
Stefan Gotteswinter
weldingtipsandtricks
This Old Tony
JD Brewer
Randy Richard In The Shop
Keith Rucker - VintageMachinery.org
jimmydiresta
oxtoolco
Steve Summers
bcbloc02
RR Buildings
Switch & Lever
The Good of the Land
The Joy of Precision
thecogwheel
Clickspring
Hand Tool Rescue
DoRite Fabrication
Phil's Projects
Pierre's Garage
NYC CNC
myfordboy
mrpete222
Tom Zelickman
ZH Fabrications
Mike Rowe
Essential Craftsman
Mechanical Advantage
Machine Thinking
Museum of Our Industrial Heritage
Jay Leno's Garage
Wes Johnson

There are a number of British Programs that play here on TV Ontario and perhaps have been shown on P.B.S.
I notice there are some of the videos are available on Youtube .
I’m not sure that the TVO. Links will work everywhere .
They might be available on other providers as well but I didn’t look for them .
BBC Historical Farm Series (Series) - TV Tropes

Full Steam ahead is a related series that is also on Youtube
Full Steam Ahead (Ep1 of 6) - BBC Documentary 216 - YouTube

Digging for Britain | TVo_Org
digging for britain - Google Search

Shoreline Detectives | TVo_Org
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Shor...9L7fAhXrzIMKHU7HCuEQ_AUIESgE&biw=1120&bih=561
I was watching this one about the River Clyde the other night.
https://tvo.org/video/documentaries/shoreline-detectives/ep-3-clyde

Regards,
Jim

Back