What's new
What's new

New to me Hendey

Jmogle

Plastic
This is a 12 x 30. Serial # 32486. Does anyone have any history for this machine ? 1st post on here. Thanks,
Jim

Jmogle:

Welcome to the Forum.

The Serial Number that you posted, 32486, was assigned to a 16 x 54 Twelve Speed Geared Head lathe,not a 12 x 30 lathe. Please recheck the Serial Number and the Size of your lathe for any errors and then repost if necessary. If the Serial Number is correct, your lathe
was ordered on September 17, 1941 and was scheduled for completion during January 1942. I will post more details once I am sure that I
have the correct Serial Number.

Hendeyman

Thanks ! I'll get back early next week. I'm sure it's a 12 x 30....I'll recheck the number.

Hello,
The number on the end of the bed is 32846. That's what I get for trying to remember numbers. I'll get a pic on here as soon as I sort out how...
Thanks,
Jim

My reply from another thread...

Hit the "reply" button and see the lower portion of the page expand to allow a comment block.

See and press the button Go advanced. Further down on the page you'll find "Manage Attachments" button. Press this.

A partial page will open titled "File Upload Manager." Over to the right top on this you'll find "Add Files" button. Press this.

An upload sub-page will open with a button centered near bottom "Select files." Press this.

A "browse" page will open which will show you all the files/structure of your computer. You can drill down through this to find your pix. Pay attention to size - above a certain size it won't upload (this may be your problem.)

When you have selected your pix here - you should see it as a thumbnail towards the top AND on the lower portion of your File Upload Manager page. When you do - press "Done" button on the lower RH corner.

File Upload Manager page serves as a sort of Picture Cache for all your uploaded pix. You can re-use these pix for future posts.

Alternatively, if you know ASCII script convention and have a photo-host site - you can use that - but most of these sites now charge for 3rd Party Hosting.

Good luck.
Joe in NH

Jmogle:

Hendey lathe #32846, a 12 x 30, 12 Speed Geared Head model, was ordered on September 8, 1941 and was scheduled for completion during
mid-August 1941. The order was originally assigned to the Defense Plant Corporation, but was reassigned to the original owner, Remington
Arms Company, no city or state was listed. The electric motor was 254Frame, 3HP, 1200RPM, 440Volts, 60Cycles, 3Phase. Clutch Pulley speed was 600RPM. There are still some Patterns, Casting and Repair Parts left in inventory for this lathe. All of the original drawings are still in the files, so, parts can be made if required.

Hendeyman

I also have a 12X30 Hendy with the USAAF tags on it. I am in need of the levers on the quick change box and the lever with the gears on the front. Please excuse my not knowing the proper names for these, as I am going by memory and have just traded for this machine again. It was bought by my Dad at an auction then kept in our shop for 5 years before being traded for an engine for my truck, I now have traed a truck for the lathe and I need to get it running. My old South Bend 16 X 60 is about worn out.
Hendeyman I tried to send a PM to you but it said your box was full.
I am in Piedmont, OK

Back