What's new
What's new

Nichols Horizontal Milling Machine Parts

tommy1010

Stainless
I have a complete machine and it is up and running just fine due to the parts I got from a fellow PMer. Since I had to get a parts machine the parts I got basically for free I can now offer for an amount just to cover my expense. Look them over. If you need any get them while they last. They are not making them anymore. If you need a more detailed pic of something let me know. For now I am just offering the parts as a complete lot. Yes, they weigh a lot and they are in NE PA. 18225. You can always stop by and pic them up. You can arrange your own shipping and I will certainly help on my end. If I have to crate or box the stuff up I will. Have enough wood laying around so won't have to buy any. Again I want to cover my cost of this stuff and that is $121.20.
So lets get to the details:

Spindle pulley. 5 groove belt drive. Spindle pulley has tapered hub for clamping on spindle. It weighs 33 lbs with hub. It is 13" in diameter. 4" Thick.

Motor pulley. 5 groove belt drive. Pulley has keyed bore straight through. It is 13" in diameter and is 4" thick. It weighs 32 lbs.

Spindle stuff. If your looking for this stuff you know what it is. What is shown is 18 lbs with two used bearings.

The rest of the misc stuff--rack pinion gear and shaft. Shaft needs a little attention on the end threads but still usable.
Motor pivot ends and shaft. I can't even think this would be a part that would ever wear out.
Y axis lead screw, nut and mounting housing. This does not have the square end for a crank handle. It must have come from a machine that was equipped differently. All the misc stuff weighs 17 lbs.

The pulleys were glass beaded and no damage or repairs were found. All the other stuff was cleaned.
Since we cannot load more than 5 pics per post I will load more below shortly to explain the weights. Again all for $121.20 plus shipping if needed.

100_1284.jpg100_1285.jpg100_1283.jpg100_1286.jpg100_1287.jpg

And for every ones information that spindle is a Cat 40 spindle. Here are what I was talking about the weights above. Any questions Ask in a reply to the post. I am certain that there are Nichols experts who know what will fit what machine. They are not my Forte. What you see is what I have left and no more. The guards and other parts I had I traded for stuff I needed.

100_1290.jpg100_1288.jpg100_1289.jpg100_1291.jpg100_1292.jpg

I am interested in one or both of the pulleys. I need to visit my shop to see exactly what I've got on my Nichols right now.

[Added in edit] I will take the pair of pulleys. I currently have a 5-groove spindle pulley (with OD different from 13") working with a 3-groove motor pulley, and am missing the 2-groove motor pulley that goes with that set. Sending a email.

The pulleys have found a new home. All the other stuff is available for just the price of shipping. There will be no charge for the parts. You can pick it up if you so desire.

Rack pinion and shaft still available?

I have a complete machine and it is up and running just fine due to the parts I got from a fellow PMer. Since I had to get a parts machine the parts I got basically for free I can now offer for an amount just to cover my expense. Look them over. If you need any get them while they last. They are not making them anymore. If you need a more detailed pic of something let me know. For now I am just offering the parts as a complete lot. Yes, they weigh a lot and they are in NE PA. 18225. You can always stop by and pic them up. You can arrange your own shipping and I will certainly help on my end. If I have to crate or box the stuff up I will. Have enough wood laying around so won't have to buy any. Again I want to cover my cost of this stuff and that is $121.20.
So lets get to the details:

Spindle pulley. 5 groove belt drive. Spindle pulley has tapered hub for clamping on spindle. It weighs 33 lbs with hub. It is 13" in diameter. 4" Thick.

Motor pulley. 5 groove belt drive. Pulley has keyed bore straight through. It is 13" in diameter and is 4" thick. It weighs 32 lbs.

Spindle stuff. If your looking for this stuff you know what it is. What is shown is 18 lbs with two used bearings.

The rest of the misc stuff--rack pinion gear and shaft. Shaft needs a little attention on the end threads but still usable.
Motor pivot ends and shaft. I can't even think this would be a part that would ever wear out.
Y axis lead screw, nut and mounting housing. This does not have the square end for a crank handle. It must have come from a machine that was equipped differently. All the misc stuff weighs 17 lbs.

The pulleys were glass beaded and no damage or repairs were found. All the other stuff was cleaned.
Since we cannot load more than 5 pics per post I will load more below shortly to explain the weights. Again all for $121.20 plus shipping if needed.

View attachment 312860View attachment 312861View attachment 312859View attachment 312862View attachment 312864

Hi, just seeing this now. Do you happen to still have the rack pinion and shaft? Also the eccentric bushing that fits over the shaft? Thanks!

Back