What's new
What's new

Can you tell me what kind of clock tool this is?

holtzapffelFan

Aluminum
Does anyone know what this is? Dear Husband bought some clock stuff at auction and I've been going through the tools for me... wondering if I should keep...

Overall length 3-3/4"
Handle approx 3/4" diameter

steel springs work, and threaded rod in center.

Perhaps a specialized tweezer to pull clock gears?

My quick image search of vintage clock tools, and I can't find a match, so will ask the experts!

Thanks- HF

Attachments

• Clock tool.JPG
    Clock tool.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 172
It is a good quality tool for removing the hands from watches. The two square plastic pads are to prevent damage to the dial. They work very well, but I stopped repairing watches decades ago. I think that is one of the tools I kept, just in case.

Larry

Thank you for the ID of the tool; now to pry it out of dear husband's hands...I do hope I never have a need to replace the hands on my dial calipers though. I'm sharing DH's mitutoya... perhaps next year I'll buy myself a Starrett dial caliper made in the US... my first Starrett dial caliper was made overseas, and I was quite honked off when I opened the box; not honked off that they were made overseas, honked off that I didn't read and verify before I bought. The quality appears fine, but the thumb screw that you use feels 'cheap' otherwise I wouldn't mind using them.

I knew if I posted to the forum someone would be able to ID and am grateful to know about this forum.

HF

Back