What's new
What's new

Nooby, Nooby Doo, Shop Task 3 in 1 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dedave

Plastic
Hello, I recently picked up a 1989 Shop Task 3 in 1 lathe, drill, mill combo machine. I am fairly new to lathe and mill operation, but have been around the steel fabricating business for many many years. I finally bought my own to do motorcycle and gun projects. This is a perfect size and appears to be stout enough to accomplish what I need, without taking up limited space in my residence.

I have many questions, so this may be an on going thing. I have done a limited search on this combo lathe mill, and cannot find much in the line of literature or parts.

I have seen some similar models for sale on fleabay, but they are newer and enough different that I am not sure what will work.

Currently the machine is in pieces as I clean and fix things I notice that need attention.

There are two pieces I am looking for, and have not found yet. One is a four jaw independent chuck and the other is a rotating cross slide to hold tooling.

I'll be studying and reading on how to setup and sharpen the tooling as I go. I need to learn the nomenclature for machining too.

If anybody has experience with this model and has some tips or insights I will greatly appreciate them.

shop-task-lathe-1.jpg

I had to break it down to move it, so some parts are removed in this picture.

Not to be rude, but if you read the forum rules discussion of hobby grade machines are disallowed. As the previous poster wrote, try on a forum dedicated to hobbiests.

Teryk

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

@dedave, please read sticky threads at the top of this subforum- pictured machine is not appropriate here. The forum owner has proscribed discussion about these sorts of machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back