NOS pre-1954 plain back 10" 3 jaw Burnerd (no Pratt) chuck. Very cool.
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default NOS pre-1954 plain back 10" 3 jaw Burnerd (no Pratt) chuck. Very cool.

Still in it's original tin can, covered in preservative, and wrapped in oilskin paper.

burnerd-chuck.jpg
    1408991972615.jpg

Here is an ad I found from 1952 touting the tin container as a value added bonus.

]burnerd-ad-pic.jpg

It came to me wearing a D1-4 adapter.
    I really have no use for this chuck or this adapter so I think I'll try to trip them.

If any of you folks out there are in need of a such a chuck I'll offer it here first before going to eBay.

Chuck are all over the place pricewise so I'll let you fine folks tell me if asking $400 for the chuck and $150 for the plate is reminiscent of Mike Kandu or not?

I'll attach more pics later and my feelings will not be hurt if you guys tell me I'm priced too high.

Oh, this chuck was shipped without a chuck key and this is noted on a tag which was inside the can.
    I got the pre-1954 date right from PBA too.

Thanks for looking and I will get more pics up of the chuck and the plate later on.

Ken

[email protected]
    Last edited by nsaqam; 08-25-2014 at 06:13 PM. Reason: D1-4 and not D1-3

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

NOS tools are very cool. We find some in the warehouse from time to time that are 30 years old and no longer in the catalogue.