What's new
What's new

Now what is happened with this site?

Leg17

Cast Iron
Suddenly I can't tell which threads have been updated since my last visit.
Is it something to do with that black banner about cookies that says close it but has now way to do that?

I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it either. Try clicking on "cookie policy" and see if that does it? I ended up getting rid of it somehow and all is back to normal now.

Brent

Worst thing I've seen is trying to tell which thread has new replies. Used to be, the headline was in bold type to alert you that a new reply was added.

Now, the font is nowhere near as bold... barely discernible from a thread with no new replies. The thread circled in yellow has new replies, the one above has none.

That thing about the cookies... too much googlespeak in there... I don't want too much snooping by third parties of my personal data, but don't understand what they're trying to explain to me about how to control it.

I fear that if I do decline some of it.. it will slow the site down on my end, but if I allow it.. Cambridge Analytica will siphon money out of my bank account and funnel it to the trump reelection campaign.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 89
The little green circle next to the thread title also indicates new posts.

As for the cookie banner, just click the 'x' in the upper right corner, and it will go away.

I don't think the cookie policy has changed, this is just a reporting requirement for european based websites. Perhaps the board software was updated to a version with that warning enabled by default.

allan

As far as I know, the unread threads still show up the way they used to. It does seem just a little less noticeable, I had observed that, but it could be just due to coming in out of the bright sun a bit ago.

The little green circle next to the thread title also indicates new posts.allan

I already knew that about the green icon meaning "click here to see first unread post".

I think it is better to have to topic heading in a bold type to draw attention to the fact that it is either a new topic or a new comment has been added since you last read it.

Hell, the difference between bold and normal font is barely discernible.

I vote the programmers change some code to make the topic heading show up in and actual bold face type if a new comment has been added. If you have to call it Ultra Bold or whatever, just do something.

I agree. Until about a week ago, topic was bold if something was new, and normal if nothing happened since last.
This has now changed to teensy-weensy bit bold or normal.
I'd like to revert to normal bold instead of the teensy-weensy bold.

It looks as if the board software got a minor update. This is not the only site that has changed a bit, some others have as well, presumably they all got the same update.

There is also a number that appears at bottom right under some conditions, and that is now present on all the apparently updated sites. Never recall seeing that before.

Back