What's new
What's new

O.T. - Machinery in the Man in the High Castle

reggie_obe

Diamond
Anyone else watching this episodic? Quite a bit of old machinery can be seen in some of the shots. One of the actors works in a manual machine shop. Another scene in season 1, episode 9 takes place in a boatyard/shipwright's shop.
If you have Amazon Prime it's free.

I have Amazon Prime, was just over there looking for the title mentioned above but not finding it. Where would I find it? Is there a way to search alphabetically, by title, etc? It seems I just get "recommended for you", "new releases" etc, and most suck.

Except for some exteriors, shot in Washington State, its mostly shot in Vancouver BC. Pretty sure the machine shop, and the boatbuilder, are in greater vancouver.
I believe a friend of mine did the catering- she caters a lot of TV shows in Vancouver. Next time I see her I will ask if she knows where the machine shop is.

Canada, primarily Toronto and Vancouver, have been gigantic film and tv production cities for a long long time. Since 2000, thats 20 years ago, both have each had over $1 Billion worth of shoots every year.
Fer instance, ALL of the X Files were shot in Vancouver. That ran from 93 to 2002.

It is true that the Canadians give tax rebates to film companies. But the exchange rate helps a lot, too. Right now, a Loony- a Canadian Dollar- is only worth seventy five cents US.

Within a hundred miles of Vancouver are way more types of landscape and towns than LA, too. Its easy to shoot a film there, and pretend its almost anywhere except the Sahara.

And there is an enormous base of skilled subcontractors and freelancers- like my friend with 3 catering trucks, who will routinely be cooking 3 meals a day for 150 out of each truck, including a bunch of special diet options ranging from Paleo to Vegan to Picky.
I know costumers, hair people, makeup people, location scouts, prop builders, and more, all with 20 plus years of experience, who work for Canadian dollars up there.

If you know what Toronto and Vancouver look like, you can start to pick em out in almost all tv shows and movies.

I have Amazon Prime, was just over there looking for the title mentioned above but not finding it. Where would I find it? Is there a way to search alphabetically, by title, etc? It seems I just get "recommended for you", "new releases" etc, and most suck.

I'm fortunate in that Comcast streams Prime (for registered members only) so all I have to do is say "Man in the high castle" into the voice remote. I haven't seen it yet but it sounds worth a look.

On a computer I find it easier to use a search engine. Here's what I found with one.

Amazon.com: Watch The Man In the High Castle - Season 1 | Prime Video

Back