What's new
What's new

Old Ajax Engines And National Pump Jacks For Sale

gcude

Cast Iron
For your viewing pleasure, here are pictures of some engines and pump jacks that are for sale. Even if you are not interested in acquiring them, they are worth the time to view as old American iron and steel. One or more of the engines still running. If you want get more details, contact Dylan Chamberlain, Field Operations Manager @ Titan Tubulars and Well Services 903-234-0323, [email protected]

SATELLITE STATION (1).jpg SATELLITE STATION (2).jpg SATELLITE STATION (3).jpg

SDW # 29  (1).jpg SDW # 29  (2).jpg

--

Here are some specs on the engines:

Well # 45
AJAX
Stroke 12x15 RPM 300

Satellite Station
AJAX
Stroke 13 1/4 x 16 Type P115

VO CORP # 21
Superior
Stroke 12x15 RPM 200 to 300

SWD # 29
AJAX

Well # 25
Pumping Unit National 190
Type 228SW Ratio 94 SPM2280000
AJAX RUNS
Stroke 12x15 RPM 300

Well # 47
American Pumping Units
Superior 12X15

--

Cool for sure, but I don't think they will fit in the back of my pick-up. Around here there are still a very few pump jacks with gas engines under windmills. I can pick those engines up with one hand. That was what I was expecting. Yours, however, raise the table stakes quite a bit. Nothing like that within a hundred miles of me.

My Dad's job when I was young was "checking wells". I would ride with him and hang out while he did what he had to do. Most of those old Ajax motors he worked on ran on drip. When they would "carbon up" so bad they would run bad he would run them all the way up and put water in the intake to break the carbon up. It would come out the exhaust like shrapnel :eek: Always made the day more memorable :)

Paul

VO CORP # 21
Superior

There are people and active organizations that collect and run these engines. That includes this size. Some of the Superior gas engines are quite nice. Can you share any photos of the superior?

I went ahead and posted a link to this on Harry's Old Engine. There should be some interest, and if the situation is reasonable probably see some engines saved. Hopefully.

Back