What's new
What's new

Old Braden Winch

d_coffman

Plastic
I came across an old winch (not my wife but a real winch).

https://youtu.be/dRpeI1gWWCw

I've seen pictures of ones with 2 hand wheels. Mine has no wheels but appears to have keyed shafts to accept them. There is a sprocket for a chain to drive the winch and I wonder if that explains the missing wheels? Does anybody know where I might find hand wheels or documentation for the winch? I know nothing about it so any information would be great. I picked it up in a small neighborhood in pittsburgh near a rail yard and river factories so it could have been used for almost anything!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
An easy way to find handwheel is on big gate valve....single geared winches like that were often used in factories for operating heavy shutters ,and large doors,and would have had a detachable handle ...which you could still buy,but would cost heaps......so get out the welder and oxy and make one.

I wrote to Braden directly with model and serial number. They answered me back with all the specs on my 50 year old winch. You might try that, they have been bought out, but it's worth a try for documentation.
Thanks,
Werner

Back