What's new
What's new

Old drill press

JTknives

Plastic
A buddy sold this old drill press to me and I’m wondering if anyone knows brand/model/year. I have not picked it up yet but he sent me pictures. Now to figure out how to post pictures

Here are the pictures he sent me.

Photo%20Oct%2010%2C%203%2038%2041%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2010%2C%204%2000%2021%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2010%2C%205%2009%2011%20PM.jpg

What you have is a generic geared-head drill press. It is loosely based on a design used by European manufacturers such as Arboga (Swedish). The design you have may be a Spanish or Taiwanese version. I believe Wilton (originally the vise manufacturer before being absorbed by a "global" type conglomerate firm) offered this drill, possibly made in Taiwan. Enco also offered this same design of geared head drill, also made in Taiwan.

Aside from the sloppy re-paint job, the drill appear intact, nothing missing or broken. It is a good solid machine, and should have a Morse Taper socket in the spindle to run taper-shank drills. The control switch looks European, and the chuck looks like an import as well.

I do not think you could go too wrong on buying this drill, assuming it were priced right. I am guessing the drill capacity, in steel, should be somewhere around 1".

I was told it has a tapping feature built in that reverses the chuck when you flip a knob. He got it from our work years ago before I got here. Old lumber mill. It was slot to him for $150 when thy replaced it and that is what he sold it to me for.

Back