What's new
What's new

Old Leblond lathe ID help?

ARetterer

Plastic
Hi all. New to the forum. I've just acquired an old Leblond lathe and am asking for any help possibly to identify it, please. The serial number is: ND7054. As far as I can tell, it's a heavy duty automotive lathe, 17"x60"? I'm going to try and get it running/restore for personal use. Thank you in advance for any help you are willing to give. I'm new to the forum and have to research how to post pics.

Hi all. New to the forum. I've just acquired an old Leblond lathe and am asking for any help possibly to identify it, please. The serial number is: ND7054. As far as I can tell, it's a heavy duty automotive lathe, 17"x60"? I'm going to try and get it running/restore for personal use. Thank you in advance for any help you are willing to give. I'm new to the forum and have to research how to post pics.

Welcome to forum

ND is 17" Rapid Production - usually no lead screw or single point threading capabilities.

Thumbnail may be similar

7054 is the early part of 1927

Attachments

• LB 17 RP about 1929.jpg
    LB 17 RP about 1929.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 129
Very cool! Thank you very much! I'll probably clean it up, get it running and trade or sell to get something smaller and more useful to me. It's a beautiful piece of old machinery. Someone switched it over to run off of a 3 phase motor quite a while back. My boss gave it to me and says it's been ran in the last 15 years, so I'm optimistic.

Back