What's new
What's new

Old Unique Lathe Needs Saving

paulsomlo

Stainless
My apologies for being clueless, but the ad doesn't give any info, and I've never seen anything like this:
239109283_5929679287101991_4818922599255623005_n.jpg

This is apparently in Denver, here's the link to the ad on FB marketplace, I hope this machine gets saved:
Facebook

Seller needs to read the Guide to taking mug shots thread! That said it is really interesting. I hope someone here can ID it, I'd like to learn more about it.

the link to Facebook marketplace has several more photos ...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The ad is still up - I messaged the seller, asked if he would take a full frontal pic and also asked if there are any identifying marks. I'll report back.

I'd hate to see this scrapped - where else can I post this, to give it some visibility?

If you can capture the photos from the ad, attach them here -
This is THE place for antique machinery, after all :~)

3 boxes of stuff with it, including a couple 4 jaw chucks, backplates, change gears, etc. I'd definitely get it if it were in south east, Denver is just too far from Atlanta.

ahYT1IZ.jpg

Iwj6PKF.jpg

Xd8YIwf.jpg

ReyJ1DQ.jpg

its the way back . it sad that most of the people trying to sell things like this that have no understanding of what it is and have even less of an understanding of how to take a photo of the item that lets us see an over all image of what it is to put it all in to prospective . but i do thank the members who took the time to share with us this vary cool old lathe hope someone can put a name with it

Kind of reminds me of an old armature lathe used in an old garage from the 1930's. Back when generator's and starter armatures were turned and had the mica undercut in the armature.

JH

Back