What's new
What's new

Older Project Machines - Free

blackboat

Stainless
It’s been a long time since I’ve posted here, and I’m a bit embarrassed to post what’s probably one of the worst classified ads you’ll see this year. The sale of our house after a decade of some nasty health problems have left me with some unfinished projects that need to go somewhere else as I’m not going to get to them. I apologize for the pics in advance, but I’m right in the middle of moving our household goods and haven’t had time to start moving some of the clutter out of the shop. Keep in mind though, I’m offering the bulk of this for free. Quite happy to show in the evenings or on the weekends, but I need this gone by the end of January. So, on to the list:

1. Rockford 20” Universal Shaper - This machine was pretty much new when I bought it. I pulled the handles and hand wheels off to clean it, had to paint the ram because the paint was flaking on it. Near as I can tell it never really went into service due to a busted limit switch on the cross feed. I had just finished cleaning the ways and had to run some errands. While I was gone the garage door got opened during a thunderstorm and the freshly cleaned ways rusted. So I don’t think it’s quite as bad as it might look, but things started happening fast on the medical front and I never got back to it. Have never powered it up. 440V 3 phase. 7.5 HP.

1. Cincinnati No. 2 Univesal Mill - Obviously from the flat belt days, got it as part of another deal..Victim of the same garage door opening incident as the metal shaper. Kept it because it’s a universal and has power feeds on all three axis. Never ran this one either.

1. Monarch 12CK Lathe, 12” x 30” - Was dropped on it’s face during delivery. Seller repaired the broken knobs and handwheels. Found out later there is a crack in the saddle. I was going to try and stabilize it and scrape it back in. Never got there. Has been disassembled, painted and was stopped before I could do the saddle repairs and put the carriage back together. Does come with large and small steadies and a Buck 6 jaw Set Tru chuck. Did have this under power at one time and it ran fine and the clutches seemed good. 220V 3 phase.

1. Covel Tool and Cutter Grinder - No accessories. Partly disassembled for cleaning. Apparently I got some rust remover in the bearings when I was cleaning it and now the spindle doesn’t turn. Probably just a parts hulk at this point.

1. 16” DoAll Variable Speed Band Saw - Bought this one disassembled. All parts seem to be there except for the weights and arms for the gravity feed system. Will work fine as a fixed table. Does have welder. Wheel side bearing is bad on the lower wheel gearbox. So-so paint job on frame. With some basic repair and some new tires I believe this one is a runner once it’s assembled.

1. Carolina or similar 50 ton press. Seal on ram is blown. No pins for the table. This treasure is included.

Again, items 1-6 are free. Preference is for someone who will take the lot.

Additionally, I have a Saylor-Beall 7.5 hp air compressor being run with a 5hp 220v 3 phase motor, 80 gallon accumulator. On the fence about getting rid of this, but for $500 you can have it at this point.

Last, I have two Vidmar industrial cabinets that have been cleaned and painted. These are the tall ones. Also I have a same size Lista cabinet, which has had part of it’s top cut out after someone lost the key. These are available for separate purchase and are not included with the machinery. $500 each for the Vidmars and $400 for the Lista.

In Conyers, GA

Attachments

• 20220112_202404[1].jpg
    20220112_202404[1].jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 403
  • 20220112_202414[1].jpg
    20220112_202414[1].jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 389
  • 20220112_202425[1].jpg
    20220112_202425[1].jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 389
  • 20220112_202440[1].jpg
    20220112_202440[1].jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 381
  • 20220112_202431[1].jpg
    20220112_202431[1].jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 370
Blackboat,
Very sorry to hear about the years of Medical issues; seems like that is getting to be the norm these days. I'm just south of Atl and will PM you about the Shaper and possibly Covel.
Johnny

Your mailbox is full. I’m on the east side of Atlanta and would be interested in coming out and seeing what you’ve got in person.

Be safe

Jeremy

Very sorry to hear of health problems and the move. Am interested in the band saw. About 2-3 hours North of you and have the time to pick it up. Hope things go well for you.

My apologies everyone, I've been busy responding to PMs and haven't thought to check the post. Inbox is clear now. Shaper is spoken for. I'll respond further this evening.

sometimes you just have to cut bait . i hope you find a good home for all your machines . and gods speed.

I believe I'm caught up now on responses, if Ive missed anyone please PM me again, inbox has been cleared. Thank you so much for your kind words and wishes.

Oh yeah, there's also a Kysor-Johnson,10" horizontal band saw that's available. Ran when I bought it, needs guide bearings, partly disassembled for cleaning20220112_202425[1].jpg (just removed covers and vise, main machine is still together.

Machines have found a new home. Thank you everyone for your interest and comments. I had an idea for what is my 1,000 post here, but this wasn't it. Did keep a mill and a lathe, I'm not done yet.

Back