Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default ot----manual potentiation

a few months back I blew head gasket on Jeep crd--fresh rebuild
    tty headbolts--italian engine with high head related failure frequency

so I scanned competition motor builders websites and found one of their secrets to head gasket clamp force---detroit diesel compound #2

I have 57 years experience rebuilding diesels but never encountered this stuff

during my search--came across this item which sounded promising ---strontium carbonate---but was shocked to learn it is meant to be taken internally by the mechanic__ yikes

turns out the german drug maker posts a video which explains it all---everything from wet dog wiggle to thermo-nuclear ignition

perhaps ---most importantly---why shaken, not stirred is the choice of
    the sophisticated

YouTube
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails i2.jpg   jhkh.jpg   jhgjkhg.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just do a 4bt swap...

3. Likes Garwood liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

STRONTIUM CARBONICUM - HOMOEOPATHIC MATERIA MEDICA - By William BOERICKE

I am bothered by moderate to severe craving for beer. I will ask my doctor if this medication, at a dose of sixth titration and thirtieth potency, is right for me.

-Marty-

5. Likes Joe Michaels, JHOLLAND1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dr. Holland:

No disrespect, but when I first saw the youtube clip, between your writing about the "International Compound", Strontium Carbonicum, and mechanics taking the stuff internally, I misread the name of the firm as ""Dreckweg" (shit way), and thought it was some kind of joke.

As I am sure you know, homeopathy was a form of medicine that was once practiced quite widely until supplanted by "modern western medicine". We dabbled with seeing homeopathic physicians when our kids were small, and the names of some of their prescriptions did sound more like either poisons or at least stuff you'd use as lubricants or anti-siezing agents.

We live near Woodstock, NY (NOT the site of the original Woodstock Festival). The area attracts a variety of types, so you can find anything from conventional physicians who will not hesitate to suggest accupuncture, to crystal diviners, soothsayers, herbalists, burnt-out old hippies, wealthy pseudo hippies, and a few osteopathic physicians as well as homeopaths. The local health food market kept expanding and has a whole section of homeopathic and herbal remedies. There are a few "compounding pharmacies" as well. One of the downsides to homeopathy is it is generally a slow process, and does not turn an ailment or illness around so quickly (if at all) as modern medicine does.

For the most part around here, the most popular herbal remedy can be home grown and has five leaves. I avoid that one. My own favorite home remedy is distilled from corn or various grains by my buddy, burns with a nice blue flame, and promotes lasting harmony and good feelings even amongst people who have been feuding for a few years previous to taking it, and has no after-effects such as headaches or worse. We call it "bottled peace in the valley" and is good for what ails a person. For the common cold, a mug of hot tea, some honey from a neighbor's hives, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and a triple shot of "peace in the valley" in the mix will work wonders when combined with a good night's sleep. It can ease sore muscles and sprains, cure shyness, help with social adjustments, and do all kinds of other good things. Needless to say, this remedy is made in small batches and not produced for sale. It is highly valued, somewhat on the order of locally harvested wild ginseng. It is taken orally with no set dosage, and is taken straight off the bottle it came in, and there is no use of glasses to dispense it, and never any use of dilutants such as water, ginger ale, fruit juices, soda water.

7. Likes JHOLLAND1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dr. Holland:

No disrespect, but when I first saw the youtube clip, between your writing about the "International Compound", Strontium Carbonicum, and mechanics taking the stuff internally, I misread the name of the firm as ""Dreckweg" (shit way), and thought it was some kind of joke.

As I am sure you know, homeopathy was a form of medicine that was once practiced quite widely until supplanted by "modern western medicine". We dabbled with seeing homeopathic physicians when our kids were small, and the names of some of their prescriptions did sound more like either poisons or at least stuff you'd use as lubricants or anti-siezing agents.

We live near Woodstock, NY (NOT the site of the original Woodstock Festival). The area attracts a variety of types, so you can find anything from conventional physicians who will not hesitate to suggest accupuncture, to crystal diviners, soothsayers, herbalists, burnt-out old hippies, wealthy pseudo hippies, and a few osteopathic physicians as well as homeopaths. The local health food market kept expanding and has a whole section of homeopathic and herbal remedies. There are a few "compounding pharmacies" as well. One of the downsides to homeopathy is it is generally a slow process, and does not turn an ailment or illness around so quickly (if at all) as modern medicine does.

For the most part around here, the most popular herbal remedy can be home grown and has five leaves. I avoid that one. My own favorite home remedy is distilled from corn or various grains by my buddy, burns with a nice blue flame, and promotes lasting harmony and good feelings even amongst people who have been feuding for a few years previous to taking it, and has no after-effects such as headaches or worse. We call it "bottled peace in the valley" and is good for what ails a person. For the common cold, a mug of hot tea, some honey from a neighbor's hives, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and a triple shot of "peace in the valley" in the mix will work wonders when combined with a good night's sleep. It can ease sore muscles and sprains, cure shyness, help with social adjustments, and do all kinds of other good things. Needless to say, this remedy is made in small batches and not produced for sale. It is highly valued, somewhat on the order of locally harvested wild ginseng. It is taken orally with no set dosage, and is taken straight off the bottle it came in, and there is no use of glasses to dispense it, and never any use of dilutants such as water, ginger ale, fruit juices, soda water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

....or Medicinal Compound!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You've been around diesels for 57 years and you bought a CRD?

I got a real nice 6.4 Powerstroke I'll sell ya...

11. Likes JHOLLAND1 liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Your final paragraph was the best, Joe. I know 3/5ths of 5/8ths of not very much about rebuilding diesel engines but I'm absolutely certain that your local and most popular herbal remedy would be of great assistance to anyone engaged in such an endeavour. Your description of its effectiveness was across a variety of ailments was simply superb. Regards from Down Under,

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    I got a real nice 6.4 Powerstroke I'll sell ya...
    Once you take the egr off and delete the dpf/scr they are pretty reliable motors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by plastikdreams View Post
    Once you take the egr off and delete the dpf/scr they are pretty reliable motors.
    I've seen plenty stock deleted 6.4's experience full connecting rod disembarkment. Not a good idea to bet on a 6.4 my friend.

If you put an aftermarket camshaft, delipped pistons and aftermarket floating rods in a 6.4 and address all the other issues and leave it stock it is probably fine. However, you can buy something much better for that $15,000.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Joe M

Homeopathy is a german origin discipline--founder S Hahnemann
    virtuous compounds are marketed under homeopathic labels--my personal favorites target nasal -sinus issues with -Euphorbium-
    refreshing soothing safe spray application---a standout

Homeopathy has harmed infinitely fewer patients than my branch of the healing tree arts--allopathic
    but-otoh--Homeopathy is not the pathway of choice if one has an undiagnosed brain tumor

and I must voice concern when reading claim of strontium as treatment of choice for excessive blood loss following surgery

bottom line though---consumer must have variety of options

16. Likes Joe Michaels liked this post