What's new
What's new

STOIC and AMHG? I've been gone a while...

TMS8C8

Cast Iron
Well it's been an interesting journey since I was last active on this forum and I see some things haven't changed but some things have! There used to be a sticky thread about joining the AMHG but that's gone now. Does anyone know what became of the group?

Well it's been an interesting journey since I was last active on this forum and I see some things haven't changed but some things have! There used to be a sticky thread about joining the AMHG but that's gone now. Does anyone know what became of the group?

The lawyers & Harry Homeshop peeple got involved.....:crazy:

Yes, I rmember, it's was by "invite only"....if you have a large truck and trailer, and wanted to pick up LTL if'n it was "on your way".

IIRC Craig Donges might have started it.

AHMG even had its own sub-forum, so posting and discussions of machine moves wouldn't clog this one. It saved a bunch of machines, then died a slow death of apathy.

Not invite only. Anyone that could help, loading, storage, etc. was welcome.

That fits my recollection as well.

What happened? That could be simple enough.

AS PM shared the experience of more and more moves AND stood ready to offer advice and help plan, more and more "needful" folks got a better picture of what was involved.

That enhanced shared wisdom either helped them DIY on their own resources and schedule.. OR.. give a miss to a machine that didn't justify the rigging effort and long-haul at all.

2CW

Back