What's new
What's new

OT;Scale horse drawn vehicles

5thwheel

Stainless
Check out this site for scale model horse drawn vehicles. Lots of great models and information. click on the black square with a wagon wheel and access the chat forum where there are a whole lot of other models under construction. It is a great site if you are interested in horse drawn vehicles.

http://scalemodelhorsedrawnvehicle.co.uk/

Bill of Eugene.

[ 10-01-2007, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: 5thwheel ]

You might want to edit your title - all i could think of initially was bimboes pulling a wagon...

...whatever floats your boat, i guess...

Alan

Thanks for showing these- I have a triple-reach Concord buggy and the remains of a five ton Pekin farm wagon.
Fay & Egan and several other big machine and woodworking machinery companies started out as builders or wheelwright machines.

Zach

Zach, Where is the Chihuahuan Desert? The triple reach Concord buggy sounds interesting. I did not know Concord made buggies.| Would like to see pictures of it.

The Chihuahuan Desert goes from about Chihuahua, Chi., Mex., up to about here in West Texas, and then over to the New Mexico border. It is big and real rough. "Ten feet above Hell" as we say.

Concord made lots of different vehicles besides the big coaches. The "Concord buggy" is a generic term for buggies with semi-elliptic springs on the side, instead of over the axles.
Lots of companies made them. The Abbott and Downing company may have invented them, or else they were invented by some other company in Concord, Mass. I have no idea which company made mine, as the builder's plate is long gone.
Stude made a lot of them.

The Chihuahuan Desert goes from about Chihuahua, Chi., Mex., up to about here in West Texas, and then over to the New Mexico border. It is big and real rough.
I rode through there on a motorcycle. Dramatic scenery. Desolate. Spectacular sky at night though, living in the east, I can't really see the Milky Way, out there you can practically read by it.

>>>The "Concord buggy" is a generic term for buggies with semi-elliptic springs on the side, instead of over the axles.
Lots of companies made them. <<<<

Duh, I knew that :rolleyes: I must have been suffering from Oldtimers disease. I have a reprint of a concord catalog, it's just been years since I took it out and looked at it.

Back