What's new
What's new

OT - Seeking information on a German drafting set.

blcksmth

Cast Iron
We were helping my sister-in-law and her husband prepare for a garage sale. Among the items for the sale is a German drafting set in a leather case. One small compass is missing and another larger one in it's place which does not fit the depression in the case. The strange thing is that the large divider and compass are marked "Sears Roebuck" on one line and "Germany" on the second line. I assume that they must have been sold by Sears. Any information is welcome.

Bob
WB8NQW

Attachments

• DSC04520.jpg
    DSC04520.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 192
I have the exact same kit handed down from dad. Nothing really special other than good quality and still very useful. If your looking to price I would search ebay or the like. Personally I would give it to someone who was going to make use of it - mine is priceless to me but I will have fun sharing it with my grandson as soon as he starts to show ability.

I went off to engineering school in 1958 with a brand new set of drafting tools from Sears. They were the "Tower" brand, which Sears also used on their cameras. My set is in a wood case and was made in Germany. The spring bow compasses are of the center wheel type, more expensive than the side wheel style in post #1. At the time, they were the most expensive set that Sears sold, but were cheaper than American sets by Post, Dietzgen or K&E.

Larry

Back