What's new
What's new

OT what happened to Zoom the List?

partsproduction

Titanium
Whether a good thing or not I had a lot of fun searching Craig's list for old machines, for quite a few years too.
I got away from it for a while and recently tried several times to use it again, but I don't know if it's Zoom or if it's Craig's list but the pickin's are thin!
It was common to go all across the country in Zoom and spend many happy hours thinking about the different machines and I wonder how many times I barely escaped a good deal or a waste of time and money.
Do any of you know what changed?

Thanks,
parts

Try All of Craigslist . There are a few others - Craigzilla, which doesn't work for me because of a mysql error, or Search all junk, which doesn't pick up as much as the first link. Or do a search for Craigslist search engines.

Craigslist is still my goto source for used stuff, eBay a bit less so. I can't stand Facebook and haven't used their marketplace yet, though naked greed may change my mind.:D

FB marketplace is annoying but useful

They are always trying to sell you something

They are keeping track of what you search for of course

If I search craigslist for 'unisaw' as I was, I get ads that say unisaw

If I search FB, I get all sorts of saws, saw related items saw blades, unrelated items that I have searched for in the past

do they think this is useful?

If I change the sort it might drop from 100 items to 5

I just wanted to sort it differently

BUt I found my saw on FB, so it is useful

I dunno, seems like there's hardly anything in CL any more. In Zoom if I ask for "metal lathe for sale" I get maybe three or four pages, most of which have been withdrawn.
What I used Zoom for was to get setup in the area so I could go around different local areas and ask within CL itself for metal lathes, this used to be very effective. In other words, I may ask Zoom for something but when an ad was in "Cincinnati" or "Kansas city" I'd click the header and start my search in that area.

But it doesn't seem like it's as rich as it was, like people have just given up or something.

Back