What's new
What's new

Large inventory of Antique oil engines and steam engines

Hello Everyone, new member, first post, my name is Jesse Daugherty, Recently my dad passed away and he had accumulated a large collection of old machinery, oil engines, steam engines, electric motors and generators etc. The problem is my mom is going to be moving and she wont have the space to keep them all. So i'm trying to help her sell some of them and get a fair price for both the buyer and seller but I don't know much about them and there the type of thing you don't go post on craigslist's home and garden section. So any advice would be appreciated, I have started taking inventory and taking pictures and getting the information off each piece. If anyone here is interested I can get your contact info and send a list with pictures, he had some pretty rare pieces to my knowledge. Thanks

Might as well start loading the pictures now. Everyone is going to want to see what you have. Might save some hassle, or create some whichever. Lol...

Welcome to the board!

Brent

I myself can not get enough old machinery.
May be hard to find many people on this site that think pre 1940 is cool.
Not sure how many people on here are really into " Old Stuff ".
Seems more modern production shop.

But besides what Engine Bill said.
You may want to check out smokstak.com

Not sure if it is a rule he can't advertise here or not? I don't know. But I do know that many who frequent this forum are also interested in what he has. Not a bad idea to cross post on other sites but be sure to post here too or have a link where we can see what you have. If it is a band width thing then post a link to where the pictures of non machinery items can be found.

And is everything in Oregon or by chance somewhere else? People will want to know where the items are located or at least a rough area say like Portland or Eugene area. Or Chicago, Ill? Most of us are multi dimensional when it comes to iron. Regards and good luck. I don't need anymore of anything thank you. Regards, John.

Honest I do not need any more. I didn't say I couldn't have a moment of weakness. Have also always had the "need should never be spoken in the same sentence when discussing want" ingrained in my decision making. Money rules more than "need". Indoor space is next. Don't have much of either. Cheers, John.

Honest I do not need any more. I didn't say I couldn't have a moment of weakness. Have also always had the "need should never be spoken in the same sentence when discussing want" ingrained in my decision making. Money rules more than "need". Indoor space is next. Don't have much of either. Cheers, John.

Aye. I HAVE noticed I am healthier, wealthier, and have less garbidge to haul to the landfill.... - if I make sure I have a meal BEFORE going off to the grocer's!

What was that other old saw? "never eat prunes when you are famished!"

So "never go look at Old Iron if any portion of the shop floor is visible" might work?

:)

Might look through one of mor of your father's old engine magazines and contact a few of the auctioneers listed. That would probably attract the largest crowd of collectors and realize the best price. Not having to deal with the mildly interested buyers and the resellers may turn out to be priceless.

Back