Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Changed my plans a little. I meant to just paint the hydraulic doors on the base. But I started getting into it, and did most of the front of machine.

I did prep work, but mediocre prep work compared to what I would do during a rebuild. I shot gray primer first. Then shot the green, no reducer or hardener.

The finish is nice and glossy. The yellow is "Cub Cadet Yellow", also from Tractor Supply, but with just a pinch of M.F. Red mixed in, several drops red mixed in the yellow in a small paint cup.

In person with eyeballs it looks really amazing. In the pics, I feel every flaw is magnified 100x, .

Like Patrick Black, lighting is an issue with getting the real life color transfered to pics. These pics are no flash, and bring what I think is close representation to what I see in person.

15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg 18.jpg 19.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A little update to my experimenting. When originally playing around and mixing, I had accidentally dripped some paint from a stirring stick, of an unfinished mix. Later I saw the drops and thought it looked really nice.

It was much darker than my original goal. I decided I would go back later to try to mix a single quart for a straight edge and some mill vices.

Again, I'd like to note, I have the same issue as Patrick did in getting photos. Not sure if its the gloss in paint in combination with lighting, but its a cursed color to get pics of , where the pics look the same as in person. But the pics are fairly close I think.

For the single quart, darker version:

.5 qt Oliver Green
    .25 qt Gloss black
    .125 qt New Holland Yellow

The finish is super glossy, and a hair darker than pics. Looks spectacular, like a dark emerald green. No reducer or hardener was used. No clear coat added. I did use gray primer first. I hand brushed this:

31.jpg 32.jpg 33.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Man that is green LOOKING!

Here is one coat, brushed on back when

Digital camera, no "phone"

You can see a few "holidays" as we used to say in the Navy

p1000290csm.jpg

4. Likes texasgunsmith liked this post