What's new
What's new

Petermann automatic

nollyd

Plastic
Hi all.new here so be gentle.
I have recently purchased a j petermann,no 0 automatic machine.
I bought it with every intention of restotation.
What i wanted to ask on here is,does anyone else have one of these,if so could i possibly have dimensions for cams please.or where to find out any information in regards to this little machine.
Thank you in advance for any replies.

I had a small Peterman,probably same as yours,and it was set up to make "olives".....the copper pipe compression union type.....They will only do short work..........scrapped it.......now i wish I still had it..........What for?.....making brass "lead free" bullets....the Peterman is ideal for this,and the use of turned bullets has taken off.............most makers are using CNC machines,because that what they know and have.....wearing out costly machines ,when a Peterman or a OO Brown and Sharpe would be magic.

Thnks for the great replies guys.at first i just want to restore it and see it actually work.production isnt on the agenda as of yet but who knows.this one is for making very small screws (for watch mechanisms apparently)thats just what i have read so far.would be good to see it actually make the screw then bring it round to put the groove in the top,all in one go.couldnt scrap it,even if i just clean and paint it in the end,it has history.it is a petermann no.0. Very small machine.have sent messages to moutier,where it was made.lets see what happens there.i do have access to a full on machine shop so even dimensions for parts would be helpful.
Cheers guys.

Back