photoshopping a RR photograph
Close
Login to Your Account
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Owl's Head, Maine
    Posts
    2,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    344
    Likes (Received)
    580

    Default photoshopping a RR photograph

    Two pics of Don Lachenauer, a good RR man and a friend of another good RR man, my friend Keith. Photoshopping courtesy of Pete Reimer.

    don-lachenauer-air-pump-5-b.jpg

    don-lachenauer-pete-reimer.jpg

    -Marty-

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    1,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    243
    Likes (Received)
    293

    Default

    Hi Marty

    Clearly a very good transformation via Photoshop but IMHO really don't see a place for this on PM ...

    ... however on photographic forums I'm sure it would be "REALLY" appreciated

    John

  3. Likes digger doug, GregSY liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Central Mother Lode, California
    Posts
    794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    946
    Likes (Received)
    96

    Default

    Or you could post it on Train Orders. Well maybe just the first one. Hey, I like what you did...
    David

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Beaumont, TX, USA
    Posts
    4,864
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    169
    Likes (Received)
    1472

    Default

    Hey, I like it.

  6. Likes cutting oil Mac liked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    421
    Likes (Received)
    3381

    Default

    Proof the integrity of photographs must always be questioned. "I saw it on the internet. It must be true."

  8. Likes SouthBendModel34 liked this post
  9. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Monument CO USA
    Posts
    2,080
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    10
    Likes (Received)
    121

    Default

    I don't see a Rolls-Royce anywhere.

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Modesto, CA USA
    Posts
    6,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcstractor View Post
    I don't see a Rolls-Royce anywhere.
    Maybe the girls name is Mercedes?
    Bill D

  11. Likes cutting oil Mac liked this post
  12. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Country
    GERMANY
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    16
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default

    Shadows don't line up in the first photo.

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stratham, Cow Hampshire
    Posts
    4,136
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    388
    Likes (Received)
    1486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anht View Post
    Shadows don't line up in the first photo.
    Heh. EVERYONE wants to dance with a locomotive, but few can. Anyone can do Swan Lake.

    Joe in NH

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Modesto, CA USA
    Posts
    6,667
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1095

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in NH View Post
    Heh. EVERYONE wants to dance with a locomotive, but few can. Anyone can do Swan Lake.

    Joe in NH
    Maybe she is a "gandy dancer?"
    Bill D

  15. Likes SouthBendModel34, Joe in NH, gbent liked this post
  16. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bonduel, Wi
    Posts
    692
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    104

    Default

    All railroaders beware. Humor abounds in the strangest of places. Thought this was funny and appreciate it. Best of holidays, John.

  17. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    986
    Likes (Received)
    887

    Default

    In PS is there a 'fast way' of isolating part of the image, or is just a laborious process of deleting the image around the part your trying to keep?

  18. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sandy Hook, MB Canada
    Posts
    891
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    In PS is there a 'fast way' of isolating part of the image, or is just a laborious process of deleting the image around the part your trying to keep?
    Hello Triumph
    I don't know about Photoshop, but I have Photoshop Elements (a cheaper, scaled down program) & it has a tool called the "Magic Wand" that lets you grab larger areas of similar colour. I would image Photoshop would have it too.

  19. Likes triumph406 liked this post
  20. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    scotland united kingdom
    Posts
    1,083
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2959
    Likes (Received)
    751

    Default

    I guess if I was asked which item fitted into the photograph better and showed most of its flowing lines, I would have to concur the lovely young dancer

  21. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,047
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Feldman View Post
    Two pics of Don Lachenauer, a good RR man and a friend of another good RR man, my friend Keith. Photoshopping courtesy of Pete Reimer.

    don-lachenauer-air-pump-5-b.jpg

    don-lachenauer-pete-reimer.jpg

    -Marty-
    Which picture is photo shopped? If it's the first one I'll bet it took some time to insert the steam engine.

  22. Likes old_dave, triumph406 liked this post
  23. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,535
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    986
    Likes (Received)
    887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciszewski View Post
    Hello Triumph
    I don't know about Photoshop, but I have Photoshop Elements (a cheaper, scaled down program) & it has a tool called the "Magic Wand" that lets you grab larger areas of similar colour. I would image Photoshop would have it too.
    Thanks, I'll try that when I get some time tonight.

  24. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Owl's Head, Maine
    Posts
    2,197
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    344
    Likes (Received)
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey John View Post
    Hi Marty

    Clearly a very good transformation via Photoshop but IMHO really don't see a place for this on PM ...

    ... however on photographic forums I'm sure it would be "REALLY" appreciated

    John
    JJ - I understand and appreciate your comment re: appropriateness for PM. Frankly, I hesitated a good bit before posting, then, partially under the influence of holiday cheer, came down on the What-The-Hell side and went ahead and did it.
    -Marty-


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •