What's new
What's new

Piston grinding machine

Apache400

Plastic
Hello. Would anyone have or know of a piston grinding machine for sale? In Australia. Thanks.

where did ACL pistons go ? what happened to their machines did they end up in china?

i suppose you can ask.............maybe look world wide and expect to pay for a very specific machine.

Ive seen a few about ....not common ,and dont go for much ...but where to find one?.......Incidentally ACL went bust about 2014....went to the gasket division auction ...talk about masses of stuff............and heaps of super rare Warren and Brown ,and Repco -Power machines in nice condition......Sadly about half went to the scrappies .............I remember taking a set of s/h Alvis pistons to Repco ,and having them reground to my bore size ,and then deepened the ring grooves.....Van Norman "E" contour cam grind .....010 relief at the sides .....worked great ......no money then for old bangers that sell for telephone numbers nowdays...world gone crazy.

Thanks for the replies. It’s a machine I’d seldom use but would be very handy for rebuilding some of the older engines I work on. Machine the piston and fit, bore and hone a sleeve to suit. Hopefully I can find one somewhere in Australia.

Just for Giggles, call some of the real old automotive machine shops and ask, worst case scenario is they hang up.
You would be amazed at what gets stacked in the back storage barn some times, more then once we given away some old machine that we retired and had been sitting around for years. And no I don't have a piston grinder.

Back