What's new
What's new

Planers huddersfield

pressbrake1

Stainless
Hello can anyone shed some light on this company.
They made some big machines and Ive seen a couple but according to the internet the company has never existed
Regards pb

In approximately 1969? I was on the market for a 12" diameter four jaw chuck, I visited the now long gone second hand machine tool dealer Hutson & co of Kelvinhaugh Street in Glasgow Whilst negotiating the cost of the chuck, the director of the firm, let me see what he had for sale in the second hand stock in his factory, One item which was in total mint condition, was a little eight foot stroke double column planing machine , Even its original paint finish was immaculate, From memory I was told it was an early 1960/s machine tool, For its date of build it was possibly one of the last of Planers of Huddersfield belt driven machines, with an integral countershaft & electric motor mounted on the rail above the side cheeks (This machine was finished in a rather attractive light blue paint colour)
It subsequently was purchased by an Indian machine tool dealer, Whoever owned it in its early working life on the Clydeside area certainly had loved it and cared for it.

Back