What's new
What's new

Possble Andrychowska TUE-40 lathe (was newbie needs help)

jmcconechy

Plastic
View attachment 292485View attachment 29248520200623_144732.jpg
new to the forum and i just received this lathe as a gift and the only ID tag i can find on it is, that it is made in Poland. I did some searching and the closest one i can find that looks similar is an Andrychowska tue-40 . I was just wondering if any of you guys could confirm or have any ideas of what make and model this lathe is. Any help is greatly appreciated! and I know she looks pretty rough I'll try to include more pics

Attachments

• 20200623_144724.jpg
    20200623_144724.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 189
Did you see this? There is an idea of date (1971) and a reference to Canada Navy use and even manual for sale links. I see the electrical controls are like yours, different from some other web examples.

Andrychowska 1971 lathe still in the box! | The Hobby-Machinist

The company is still there, making CNC machines, no manual lathes.

Contact +48 33 875 22 40 - AFM Defum S.A. (Andrychowska Fabryka Maszyn DEFUM S.A.)

Your thread title is against the site rules, so the thread may get locked. An acceptable title would be, "Is this an Andrychowska TUE-40 lathe?" That way the thread would show up for someone searching for information on that model.

Larry

Looks like my TUE-40 but a slightly later model (push buttons, different spindle head).
Needs a new coat of paint and maybe the one extra gear wheel which I can't find on your photo.
If you need drawings and manual, PM me.
You've got yourself a rugged and very reliable manual lathe. And cheap too. Congratulations!
Regards, fusker

Luke’s Machinery, that used to be on NotreDame, sold these in the early 1970’s. Later, City Machinery (that your machine has a tag from) sold em. The remains of that company got sold to Westward Parts in early 1990’s. Doubtful, but you could ask if they still have parts.

Curious, where did you get it from?

L7

Prior to the fall of the Iron curtain Polish machines were imported into Canada by Dalimpex who had a number of dealers across Canada .
I don’t think they exist anymore .
Some of the Polish products were sold under the name Toolmex and Faymot .
I see there is still a Toolmex Company selling lathes in the U.S.A. but can’t find a Canadian dealer.
Manual Lathes - Servo Conventional | Toolmex Industrial Solutions
Perhaps someone at the U.S.A. office would know more.
Sales Locations | Toolmex Industrial Solutions

Regards,
Jim

Hi JM.
I have the same one (1966) but without owner manual & operating manual.
Dou you have it ? Would it be possible to scan it for me ? And for how much ?

Thank you for your answer.

Oliver20210130_182431.jpg

Luke’s Machinery, that used to be on NotreDame, sold these in the early 1970’s. Later, City Machinery (that your machine has a tag from) sold em. The remains of that company got sold to Westward Parts in early 1990’s. Doubtful, but you could ask if they still have parts.

Curious, where did you get it from?

L7

Got the machine from a friend in neepawa,mb

Did you see this? There is an idea of date (1971) and a reference to Canada Navy use and even manual for sale links. I see the electrical controls are like yours, different from some other web examples.

Andrychowska 1971 lathe still in the box! | The Hobby-Machinist

The company is still there, making CNC machines, no manual lathes.

Contact +48 33 875 22 40 - AFM Defum S.A. (Andrychowska Fabryka Maszyn DEFUM S.A.)

Your thread title is against the site rules, so the thread may get locked. An acceptable title would be, "Is this an Andrychowska TUE-40 lathe?" That way the thread would show up for someone searching for information on that model.

Larry

Okay thank you for the info

Looks like my TUE-40 but a slightly later model (push buttons, different spindle head).
Needs a new coat of paint and maybe the one extra gear wheel which I can't find on your photo.
If you need drawings and manual, PM me.
You've got yourself a rugged and very reliable manual lathe. And cheap too. Congratulations!
Regards, fusker

Yes it has a few broken handles I need to replace, it's a slow ongoing process. Just starting to get into it now, it sat for a couple of years.

Back