What's new
What's new

Poughkeepsie NY online equipment auction

wrongwayrick

Plastic
Mostly vintage machines unfortunately I have no room for anything at this time.
Only about a dozen items
Absolute Auction & Realty

Attachments

• medium-210831.0_1.jpg
    medium-210831.0_1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 117
  • medium-210832.0_1.jpg
    medium-210832.0_1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 173
  • medium-210835.0_1.jpg
    medium-210835.0_1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 130
  • medium-210837.0_1.jpg
    medium-210837.0_1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 100
  • medium-210841.0_1.jpg
    medium-210841.0_1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 120
Here is a thread showing a couple of Gallmeyer Livingston # 4 universal grinders a size larger than the one in the auction .
https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...al-grinder-no-4-a-216865/?highlight=Gallmeyer
The original grinding spindle motor drive would have been in the base that drove a countershaft there and a flat belt pulley and idlers to guide the belt up the centre of the post to the spindle .
Powder Keg’s machine look like it still has the original drive set up .
Mine had the original drive when I first new it almost 50 years ago but has been modified by me and a couple of other owners since then.
If this works you may still be able see the pictures of mine here when you scroll down a little .
Jim Christie's Library | Photobucket

Jim

The G&L grinder would be a useful machine and not too far away. Unfortunately, in pretty sad shape and missing who knows what irreplaceable parts. I don't see the powered workhead or the tailstock, it could be in the crate of rusty accessories, or not.

I think this is the powered work head sown on the auction site picture 6 of 11
Absolute Auction & Realty
If it is like mine and several other types like the Cincinnati #2 the motor and pulley come off to use as a regular work head .
None the less it is still a project machine rather than plug and play .
It could perhaps be set up to do a special job depending on where it is worn if you have lots of space .
It's probably missing a lot of bits to use as your only grinder for an all round basic cylindrical and cutter grinding.

By adapting something like a parted out K.O.Lee style grinding wheel head in place of what is there now it would be easier to get wheel hubs and extensions for universal use.
Jim

Back