What's new
What's new

Sale of Antique Machinery & Tool Catalog Collection

rivett608

Diamond
Hi all, I have been doing some serious cleaning out around the shop and am selling things I no longer need. I had a cabinet filled with old machinery supply catalogs that I have not looked at in 10 years so I decided it is time to pass them on. Check out my ebay listings, machtoolhistory is my handle. Yes I know this is a shameless plug for my own stuff but I have put these in what I think are nice lots starting very cheap so folks can get thousands of pages of tools at once. I figure you guys will be among the most interested.

There are also sales booklets for a Rivett 1020, Monarch 10EE, Schaublin 70 & 102 and others. Some cheap, some not so.

Hope these things find good homes.

Btw, one funny thing is a 1964 MSC catalog, a mere 225 pages with just a few things per page. Guess they have grown.

Thanks,

Last edited:
These catalogs have just a few hours to go. Most of the lots of hardbound machine shop supply and tool catalogs from 1925 to 1960 have only $10 to $15 bids on them. That is cheaper than they were back in the 1980s.

I know there are some guys on here that would enjoy them.

Wow the Stevens divider went for way more than I thought, but I really don't know what they are worth...maybe good thing I went to bed before the auction ended!

I too was a little surprised at that, a 13 page 10EE sales booklet brought $202. but it sure was pretty. Best of all a lot of the hardbound catalogs went to a member on PM. I'm happy to pass these things on for the next folks to learn from them.

Forgive the rather naive question....can one get a brochure from Monarch for the 10EE since they still sell it today?

You could ask Monarch but I have a hunch that all that is available is the pdf that can be down loaded here: Downloads | Monarch Lathes
I had to scroll through a couple of times to find it. Look for Monarch-EE-Series.pdf

Some years ago (about 2008) they had a more extensive pdf, printed out to about 8 pages with more descriptive text than the current one and had some of the stock pictures of the accessories. Unfortunately this one went away from their website. More unfortunately I didn't save the pdf.

David

Back