What's new
What's new

Buffalo Forge Camel Back Drill Press For Sale in Upstate NY

marka12161

Stainless
I bought this with the intent of restoring it and using it. However since buying it, I found a Cleerman drilling machine so while this would be a great restoration project, it would be redundant when complete.

This machine is in unusually good condition for a flat belt machine. All the cast guards are there and none of them appear to be broken. Less than .001 run-out on the main spindle. Motor is three phase but can easily be converted to single phase.

As near as I can tell, the only issues are wear in some of the gears/shafts which i'm pretty sure can be resolved with a bit of boring and some bushings and some broken teeth on the auto feed worm wheel (see pic) which can be resolved with a bit of brazing and some hand filing. This machine has a back gear and, as i mentioned, multiple auto-feed speeds.

I want (and paid) $700 for this machine and i'm firm on the price. I know this is about 2x the conventional price on this forum for a machine of this vintage but if you are looking for a restoration project that will be worth your while, this may be something worth considering. If there is no interest at this price, i'll just keep it and may restore it at some point.

If interested, please send me a PM. I can load in Oswego NY.

Thanks,
Mark

IMG_20200829_085910429.jpg IMG_20200829_085922877.jpg IMG_20200829_085956309.jpg IMG_20200907_162918188.jpg

Back