What's new
What's new

Pratt & Whitney 3B Jig Borer looking for a new home

Fal Grunt

Titanium
A very good friend of mine is down sizing his shop and mentioned to me that he would like to find a new home for his P&W Jig Borer. It is a nice, very well equipped 3B.

This is the worst possible approach for all of you, and I understand that. Bear with me. I'd love to keep the machine, but I would have to sell half my shop to make enough room to store it.

He wants to find a new home for it where it will be cared for and passed on to the next generation. He doesn't have a price in mind yet, it will cost something, but will be reasonable. Buyer will have to pay for rigging. As this progresses, I will get pictures, specs, tooling and more information and continue to update this thread.

Consider this a soft inquiry. We are looking for interested parties. This isn't going to happen tomorrow, it might not happen in the next 6 months. There's tons to do and there will be lots of other machinery sold as well. I figure this will be one of the hardest machines to save due to its size and weight. We are hoping that we can line up a few potentially interested folks so that when we get ready to move, we know it will have a home.

If you might be interested, please send me your contact information. When we get started moving machinery and are ready to start disbursing machinery, I will begin contacting interested parties in the order they contacted me.

They might like more info - like is it old with plain quill or is it later with the ball roll quill? They also might like to know it weighs close to 15,000, and can easily approach 120" high

Here is mine using the "notch" I made for it nearly 20 years ago. That is an eight foot high door

Using Notch.jpg

They might like more info - like is it old with plain quill or is it later with the ball roll quill? They also might like to know it weighs close to 15,000, and can easily approach 120" high

Here is mine using the "notch" I made for it nearly 20 years ago. That is an eight foot high door

View attachment 339651

I was standing beside yours today John.... Darn near need a parachute to add oil :)

Back