What's new
What's new

Picture of pin gage set

From now on, the first post of these threads needs to be: and the first right answer wins it for free.
Or... the first right answer has to take it home, regardless of whether they want it or not.

like the pic's on it's side ;)

Much the same as nails. Some have the heads on the end for the left side of a structure, some are headed for use on the right side of it.

Good Craft Union Carpenter working to rule orders more nails when he runs out of the proper ones for his side.

Damned scabs cheat and turn 'em around when no one is looking. As if no one would notice!

"They" had to go and invent coil-fed air nailers just to cut down on the waste from mis-matched stocks.

Management. Always looking for an edge, and just can't leave well-enough alone.

Last edited:
Horizontal Gage Pins...

Wrong, but easy mistake to make. It's actually a left handed VERTICAL gage pin set, the picture is rotated five times to the right, if you look at it upsidedown. A horizontal set is a horse of a different feather entirely, or something, I read about it in a book.:willy_nilly:

Wrong, but easy mistake to make. It's actually a left handed VERTICAL gage pin set, the picture is rotated five times to the right, if you look at it upsidedown. A horizontal set is a horse of a different feather entirely, or something, I read about it in a book.:willy_nilly:

Damn. Small world, ain't it?

I only sold two copies of that book.
One to me own shrink for something called a "case study".
One remaindered-off to Amazon. "Vanity publishing" capricious as it can be..

Now I know who bought the other one!

Last edited:

Back