What's new
What's new

Quick change toolholder patented by Elledge and Mann

Elam Works

Aluminum
I came across this tray (see attached) of small quick change tool holders for the milling machine. No chuck for the holders, alas. Seems to be a similar idea to the Falcon-Kwicklock, but a more aggressive bayonet slot. I could not find a maker's name on any of them, but most do have a patent number roll stamped or acid etched on them. That patent (US 2960343) was taken out by Martin Elledge and William Mann in 1960. No company or firm is listed, but clearly they went into production. Most of the tools also have a tool catalog number, like T-301D. Anyone recognize these and can put a name to them? Elledge is not a common name, but I have not had any luck searching for that in conjunction to quick-change or even 'tool'.

Goal is to put a name to them and then list on fleabay so that in the remote chance that someone is actually still using these, they will be able to find them!

DSCN7146.jpgDSCN7147.jpg

Thanks, Doug

Maybe this helps....
I was just cleaning out the tool crib at a place I'm working and I came across the same mystery. Looked up the patent number on the collets, then searched on the Elledge name, and found this thread.

I happened to also have the chuck. The info on it is as follows:
Rapidaptor
mfd by Kingmann-White Inc.
Laguna Beach, CA

Hope it helps
-c

ClarkHowell,

Thank you for that post. I do not know what the connection between Kingmann-White Inc. and the patentee was, but it certainly looks like they took over the design of that QC interface and manufacturing. I had not heard of them or "Rapidaptor" before and it looks like they in turn faded from the market. I do not have a chuck so these are of no particular use to me. But at least now I can advertise them for what they are.

-Doug

Back