What's new
What's new

Radial Drill for sale in Morgantown Craigslist

Please see forum sticky threads- when posting links to ebay or craigslist or similar please include photos so they may be preserved for posterity after the links expire. Sometimes these pics are the only reference others have to the machines in question.

mod.

Please see forum sticky threads- when posting links to ebay or craigslist or similar please include photos so they may be preserved for posterity after the links expire. Sometimes these pics are the only reference others have to the machines in question.

mod.

Greg, I'm aware of this sticky but couldn't figure out how to save the pictures to my Chrome book so i could then embed it in the post. I didn't think this machine was particularly significant from a historical perspective, just a decent deal if someone were looking for one so i decided to bend the rule a bit. If someone knows the trick for downloading pics from Craigslist to a Chrome book, i'd love to know it.

M

Thanks Mark- might be the machine isn't significant OTOH I would like to reinforce the general importance of the photos in general. Its possible the machine isn't unique in general but sometimes there are important details that are only known later. The photos might be the last pics of a machine before it goes off to scrap, or to rust in a hoarders collection. Here on PM I have seen a few cases of someone recognizing a machine from photos- that can be important/useful/interesting even if the machine itself isn't unique.

As moderator one of my jobs is to try to avoid the proliferation of useless threads- which these become as soon as the links expire. I don't use chrome, but my method in firefox is to "save as" each photo to a file on the pc so they are local files which can be uploaded to the PM posting.

Here it is.

92b897e39cec7df5cf2fa2bc20b3bd6e.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mark- might be the machine isn't significant OTOH I would like to reinforce the general importance of the photos in general. Its possible the machine isn't unique in general but sometimes there are important details that are only known later. The photos might be the last pics of a machine before it goes off to scrap, or to rust in a hoarders collection. Here on PM I have seen a few cases of someone recognizing a machine from photos- that can be important/useful/interesting even if the machine itself isn't unique.

As moderator one of my jobs is to try to avoid the proliferation of useless threads- which these become as soon as the links expire. I don't use chrome, but my method in firefox is to "save as" each photo to a file on the pc so they are local files which can be uploaded to the PM posting.

Greg, Thanks for the clarification. I'm not trying to challenge the policy. Like i said, i tried, albeit briefly, to copy the pics. The beauty of Chrome books is they are cheap and you don't need to worry about backing up files, anti-virus software or the OS becoming obsolete. The down side is they are a bit less user friendly in my opinion. I'm sure there's a way, i just haven't taken the time to figure it out. Thanks to jerholz for posting the pic.

M

I like to think that I’m generally pretty tech savvy but my phone seems to put up a challenge from time to time and it might also have a bit to do with a particular websites service... for some reason I have a hard time getting good pictures loaded to PM while other sites I’m on they go with no issues... the problem ends up being that I sometimes run across a machine post that I want to put on PM in hopes of saving it from the scrapper but get discouraged by the amount of work and frustration that I have to go through in order to get the pics to load. I’m sure there are many more like myself and this can be the make or break moment that could keep a machine from meeting a horrible demise.

Back