What's new
What's new

Rambaudi V2

RobbyWeeds

Aluminum
Just wanted to share I picked up a decent shape Rambaudi V2 for scrap price. Which is good considering this thing is a monster.

The one drawback is that is has the auto feed shaft/fine feed taken out of the front. I assume this would be next to impossible to find but I have never used the auto down feed in any milling I have done so far so its not a huge loss for myself.

I love it so far. For whatever reason the PO put a power feed on the x axis handle but the original power feed to the right of the knee works perfect. I am wondering if it fails under heavy loads but I have pushed it pretty hard and it has worked flawlessly.

So far it is a dream to run. The backlash is less than 6 thou on x axis and nothing on y. Somehow I also found a scanned copy of the manual. Its not in great shape because the scanned copy looks like it was kind of damaged but if anyone else needs it, i can send it to someone.

The 2 speed motor has been awesome as well as the massive sturdiness of the machine.

Just wanted to share. I have cleaned up the machine a little and changed all the oils. I am a little confused about how to read the little read sight glasses on the machine. If they should be completely filled or only filled to the center. The manual isn't specific. Some of the oilers are also hard to reach with a can.

If anyone has any secrets or hidden things i should know, ide love to hear. Everyone has helped me a ton in the past with my other machines, specifically my Leblond round head 13 and recently some info on my Covel 7a surface grinder (which is still out of commission)

Attachments

• 20190707_134221.jpg
    20190707_134221.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 211
  • 20190714_213319.jpg
    20190714_213319.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 213
There are some pictures of a Rambaudi mill in this thread that were clearer than the one in Post #35 in the days before Photobucket made things difficult .
https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...lathe-saved-230971/index2.html?highlight=Mill
It is not quite the same model as yours but if Brian doesn’t happen to notice your thread and post something you could perhaps try sending him a private message or an email through the forum .
https://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/members/sachmanram/
He might be able to offer some more information or advise .

Regards,
Jim

Pretty sure I was eyeballing that one too. I'd just spent my last fun money dollar on a new welder. Nothing new 'till the fun money builds back up.

Can anyone help me with what these site glasses are for? Are they to see the oil level? Should i be seeing anything moving or should it be halfway up?

Attachments

• 20191007_194042.jpg
    20191007_194042.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20191007_194036.jpg
    20191007_194036.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 43

Back