What's new
What's new

Hendey 20 inch Shaper

cuda757

Plastic
My name is Richard and I just brought home a Hendey 20 inch shaper sn on the right top ram area reads 1382. I am cleaning the machine and sump. Can someone give me some info on its date of manufacture and type of oil for the sump. I picked up the two books on it from Ozark but as you know they are limited. The machine runs and just need a repair the back gear shift fork. The shaper is back close to where it was built in Newtown Ct, which is southwest of Torrington CT. Thank you

My name is Richard and I just brought home a Hendey 20 inch shaper sn on the right top ram area reads 1382. I am cleaning the machine and sump. Can someone give me some info on its date of manufacture and type of oil for the sump. I picked up the two books on it from Ozark but as you know they are limited. The machine runs and just need a repair the back gear shift fork. The shaper is back close to where it was built in Newtown Ct, which is southwest of Torrington CT. Thank you

Hendeyman does some serial covering in this linked thread, though I do not know if it applies only to 12"

If covering the shaper line in general, 1382 would be prior to 1933

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...h-shaper-ram-history-241531/?highlight=shaper

Back