What's new
What's new

Request for bidders at the Hilpipre Machine Shop Auction

Dr. Hillbilly

Aluminum
I won the two LeBlond cutter grinders, but I suspect that parts of the grinders ended up in cabinets and misc. lots which someone else won. If any of you ended up with the following parts and want to sell them just send me a PM. They include the footstocks, the workheads, and the tooth rests.missing parts.jpgmissing parts 2.jpgmissing parts 3.JPG

I won the two LeBlond cutter grinders, but I suspect that parts of the grinders ended up in cabinets and misc. lots which someone else won. If any of you ended up with the following parts and want to sell them just send me a PM. They include the footstocks, the workheads, and the tooth rests.View attachment 315169View attachment 315170View attachment 315171

Good luck, you are going to need it! I bought a Monoset at least 15 years ago and have been buying a piece here and there since, barely have enough to use it now.

Many different footstock/center supports will work if you make new alignment blocks/strips to fit your table slot.

The tooth rest is not hard to fabricate, I made one with a micrometer adjustment for my totally non-tooled grinder.

A centering arm is also very handy to get things started off on-center so that you can adjust the tooth rest for relief angles, etc. And not hard to make.

The workhead is more trouble to make, finding one used may be best. You will want a footstock to match, and probably will have to make new alignment blocks as with the centers.

AC4lwkB.jpg

wZ5D69d.jpg

pt3u29S.jpg

I like your tooth-rest. I may copy it!
For now I will use a workhead and footstock I made out of old Mori lathe holders.IMG_7274.jpgIMG_7305.jpgI was using them as a high-speed alternative to a dividing head on my Hendy-Norton, but now that a Have a LeBlond 2-1/2 with a proper head the Hendy can loan them to the grinder.

Many different footstock/center supports will work if you make new alignment blocks/strips to fit your table slot.

The tooth rest is not hard to fabricate, I made one with a micrometer adjustment for my totally non-tooled grinder.

A centering arm is also very handy to get things started off on-center so that you can adjust the tooth rest for relief angles, etc. And not hard to make.

The workhead is more trouble to make, finding one used may be best. You will want a footstock to match, and probably will have to make new alignment blocks as with the centers.

AC4lwkB.jpg

wZ5D69d.jpg

pt3u29S.jpg

Really nice work! Some period correct thumbscrews would look real good here though,,,:scratchchin:

Good luck. After listening to the aucton and finding out they were going to try to load the stuff themselves it sure looked like it was going to turn into a s**t show.

I like your tooth-rest. I may copy it!..........

Here's a couple shots I had of the various parts, Go for it! The thumb wheel got changed after a bit of use, to the conical shape. Also, the threaded tube is keyed to the base, and has a flat for the setscrew..

RpBmbyB.jpg

j2LvJco.jpg

Back