What's new
What's new

Restored Becker No3 Vertical For Sale

Mike Powell

Stainless
I have not been around for quite some time, I just recently completed the restoration on my Becker No. 3 vertical milling machine. I need to move it along to make room for other machines.

Log into Facebook[0]=AZVUBqnswKsV-OdvAYQ0F3Xsbq9eL4D8Gs27BgXreDYnOZS7i_jD7wKHACblO1Cowb7QP8LVT2gvwL4iP6_l3OwulUkZABMqAcaeJwiJr8Sa09s3pYG7Lm-591rOksIDwEPMRCddQLgd7H3xwfI_9KUu&__tn__=H-R

1.jpg3.jpg2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

OK, I get it. I offered it up to other guys I have met who are collectors. Every time they said it was too much work. So I just did what I intended to do years ago when I purchased the machine and I just finished the work that I had started. It was working well before the repaint. I just finished a few details to make it a bit more desirable.

I have no room or use for that, but it’s freaking cool! Nice work dragging it back from the past :)
Hope it finds a good home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice job making it a functional stand-alone machine WITHOUT modifying the flat belt drive. IMO, it seems that every time an overhead driven mill gets a motor mounted to the column, something is lost in terms of function, range, or rigidity. Doing an individual framework such as yours or keeping the overhead works on the ceiling is the best IMO.

It has a ladder like to climb on the roof of a Chevy van
and more belts than a bailer. Interesting piece.

-Doozer

It has power long feed as well as power down feed on the quill. This is the only Becker I have ever seen or heard of with power down feed. As far as I know it may be the only surviving example.

Wish I wasn't on the other side of the country. that would go well with my Becker Horizontal. Good job on the restoration, I know how much work they are from personal experience.006.jpg002.jpg

Back