What's new
What's new

Rhodes 4/8 inch slotter shaper question

chauky50

Plastic
Just acquired a Rhodes slotter #2678. It is the model slightly larger than the 3 1/2" /7"slotter shaper. It did not come with the shaper ram. Can the slotter ram be adapted to shaper use? I do have a clapper the right size. Thanks in advance.

It would appear that the slotter ram was different than the one for the shaper a least on the model shown here
http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/2332/4227.pdf
Source links
Rhodes Mfg. Co. - Publication Reprints - Rhodes 7" Combination Shaper/Slotter Brochure | VintageMachinery.org
Rhodes Mfg. Co. - Publication Reprints | VintageMachinery.org
See also .
Rhodes Shaper & Slotter
I have seen an article about them in an old magazine but can’t find any links to it that I may have posted or saved.
I’m thinking it may have been in a volume of Canadian Machinery on archive.org .

If you haven't tried it already ,try searching for Rhodes in the forum search engine and check out some of the threads .
Jim

Hi Jim; Thanks for the help. I had looked at the VintageMachinery site. That is where I saw the difference between the 7 and 8 inch shapers. The rams for the slotter and shaper are different. Question #1 is can either be adapted to be used in the other configuration. Question #2 is whether the rams for the 7 inch are different than the 8 inch. I need someone that has a 7 inch to give me actual measurements for comparison.Reg

Back