What's new
What's new

Richmond SR2 Radial Drill Help

Trigga72

Plastic
Hi

I have being doing a number of test holes with my new to me Richmond.A clutch seems to be popping out on the power feed at a lower drill pressure than I expected. Is there any adjustments to be made ? After popping out it then resets for a second or two before popping out again

Any help greatly appreciated

Gluv

I have a larger Richmond,and the feed works by a cam on a handwheel .....if yours is like this,then I d say you need to build up and reprofile the dog clutch teeth on the feed ......there is an adjustment on mine ,a threaded retainer ring holding the handwheel on can be taken up......I havent seen any parts lists or instruction books on any drill earlier than the "Envoy " series.......I originally thought mine was a SR2,but turns out its not,(pre net ,Id not seen another),I also thought it was a 4'6" ,but its actually a 6',just small for its size beside an Asquith OD2....Not a lot of help ,I know.

Thanks John
My SR2 sounds the same as your machine. There is a nut between the arm long travel hand wheel and the quill/feed hand wheel . I will try having a play

Gluv

If you search PM for "Richmond radial drill".......there are good images of one the same as mine for sale about 4 years ago.

I stripped the feed mechanism out of mine on Sunday and gave it a clean . Mine looks pretty similar to tours in that it has the locking nut. I have found that the nut locks up to a shoulder so there is no adjustment. On the plus side everything looks almost new in the feed housing . Maybe I was asking a bit much of the machine as the power feed is remarkably fast even at its slowest setting .005
I guess using a big Asquith OD1 mk2 at work has spoilt me

Gluv

Back