What's new
What's new

Rivett 918s questions

mookiewilson

Plastic
Greetings,
Typically I can find the answer to any question I have regarding machining using the Forum Search. It takes time, but so does good work. I recently purchased a Rivett 918s with a full complement of collets and tool holders for the turret. Referring to the brochure for the 918s, I have the spindle nose with a stationary collet (7R). Also in the brochure it lists the specifications for the headstock as having a 6" jaw chuck capacity. It seems that the nose for the draw-in collet is the long taper key-drive style (L00 with the 4tpi). Where I have just a threaded spindle nose. Though the lathe will be use full to me as is (when I take off all the extra paint) It would be more use full if I could get a chuck on there. Can I fit you to this machine??? Forgive my ignorance.

rivett918spindlenose (2).jpgView attachment 271994

Attachments

• rivett918spindlenose2(2).jpg
    rivett918spindlenose2(2).jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Is it possible this is an adaptor on top of your L00 taper. Inside bore and exterior thread look similar to my Kerry spindle when I have the collet protector on it. Not sure how the typical thread collar would work on this lathe given the photos but something to look at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back