What's new
What's new

Rivett608 has a website now!

rivett608

Diamond
Hello all,

For those that know me you may have noticed I’ve been a little quiet in these days of lockdown. As many of you know from my posts I have been trying to figure out a solution to the photobucket problem. Well I have, after 43 years making miniatures and playing with antique tools I now have a website. It is huge, over 500 photos and lots of stories. It took 6 Full weeks and team of very helpful people to create it. It is

William Robertson Fine scale Miniature artist, speaker, teacher, tools

It has a number of the posts I have made here on the PM on how I make the miniatures I do. They are edited to be more in a story format than a forum format making them easier to read. Some have as many as 70 photos. There is a lot of detail, because as I say “DETAILS MATTER”.

There is also a section on Antique Tools where I will eventually post a Lot of the more popular threads, in an edited version, that I have put on the PM. Some of the first are the Antique Tool Exhibit in 2009 and the restoration of the Wright Brother’s Shop in 2005. (Note; the Edison link is still being worked on)

Wright Bros. Workshop | RobertsonMiniatures

In time there will be a lot more stuff, also I have gone on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest! The links are at the bottom of the website. For those that don’t know me, this is a huge leap, I’m one that still doesn’t carry a cell phone! For me to be on social media is crazy, but I have decided it is time.

I still plan to post here on the PM and share what I can so don’t even think I’m leaving. I think of this as a way to take more control over my content so I don’t have another photobucket type issue.

Stay safe, stay well everyone.

Bill, aka rivett608

Bill - "Details Matter" and "De tales matter too" so thanks for making sure that all of your work and the stories behind it are accessible and preserved.
Eric

Rivett608 - Thank you so much! I have learned so much from you and others (like Antique Mac) over the years here on PM. I'm glad to see that others will now be able to learn from you, as well. Yes, your website has been bookmarked. :)

Riveted
Thanks for sharing some of your life's work with us. It show us what is possible.

Please post pictures and tell us about your shop when you get a chance.

Thanks again

Hal

wb%20finished%204.webp

The expression on your face is IDENTICAL to the Wrights when they got their original shop functional.

Wry, capable, self-confident, pleased.

Quite a legacy. The Park Service should have this as a slide show.

But you just do what Americans do...

Best always
Joe in NH

Thanks all,

I appreciate all the kind words. Since I have started to post on social media like instagam and facebook, which is totally new to me. Before, about the only place to find my stuff on the net was here on the PM or what other folks put on their websites. I'm finding it easy to post short videos of stuff going on in my shop on instagram and fb so check them out.

Currently I'm playing with a turning project on my circa 1835 French rose engine. But like so many things first I had to do work on the machine and make some new rosettes with super low amplitude.

If I didn't know you from here on PM I would have a hard time believing that the work is not trick photography... like giant stamps and a giant pencil. It really is just that good. I'm very happy you have your website now so it will be easier to share your work with others. I much enjoy the looks on their faces when they first see your work... as they start to wrap their head around the scale involved. It doesn't get old. :)

I am enjoying the website. The professional history is incredible... I am looking forward to the Rose Engine piece and am watching... the videos finally allow us to look over your shoulder to see what you are making!

I own a couple of Rivett608 works of art! I understand how he does it, but they are still so incredible.

Thanks all,

I appreciate all the kind words. Since I have started to post on social media like instagam and facebook, which is totally new to me. Before, about the only place to find my stuff on the net was here on the PM or what other folks put on their websites. I'm finding it easy to post short videos of stuff going on in my shop on instagram and fb so check them out.

Currently I'm playing with a turning project on my circa 1835 French rose engine. But like so many things first I had to do work on the machine and make some new rosettes with super low amplitude.

Do everyone a favour - DON'T get sucked into Fauxbook. It won't end well.

I have it blocked due to the amount of crap associated with it.

FKT

Back