Robert Mugabe's machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHOLLAND1

Titanium
Robert Mugabe served as president of Zimbabwe for 37 years
and at age 95 appears remarkably vigorous

one of his estates is undergoing forced content sale in two weeks

if President Mugabe has opportunity to scan this thread--I am sure we regulars would welcome further comment on specific machines with pics kindly supplied by Ruby Auctions

Attachments

• ```.JPG
    ```.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 636
  • `1.JPG
    `1.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 572
  • `2.JPG
    `2.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 589
  • `3.JPG
    `3.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 567
  • `4.JPG
    `4.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 556
pics 2--------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• `5.JPG
    `5.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 331
  • `6.JPG
    `6.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 328
  • `7.JPG
    `7.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 338
  • `8.JPG
    `8.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 326
  • `9.JPG
    `9.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 303
Lol, almost too incredible to be true. Must have been the money printing machine maintenance division :D

I'm suspecting a few things:
1. they are mostly unhooked, and some on pallets
2. They are modern 1960-1970's machines.
3. With the amount of corruption down there, I'll bet these were
lend/lease to the government (some make work program from some
generous country) and where "diverted" as being "shiny and expensive looking"

Maybe PMer ''Zimbio'' can tell us more, ………..or maybe not, (from what I read and hear Zimbabwe is the sort of place you keep your head down and gob firmly SHUT!)

Last edited:
Maybe PMer ''Zimbio'' can tell us more, ………..or maybe not, (from what I read and hear Zimbabwe is the sort of place you keep your head down and gob firmly SHUT!)

For good reason I expect. I knew a few guys who fled Zim in the '80s and they all had scary stories.
I expect the machines were "confiscated" by Mugabe's goons, like properties and farms were taken at gunpoint. Walk away?-lucky for you type stuff.

For good reason I expect. I knew a few guys who fled Zim in the '80s and they all had scary stories.
I expect the machines were "confiscated" by Mugabe's goons, like properties and farms were taken at gunpoint. Walk away?-lucky for you type stuff.

A guy I knew - quite well and most definitely not a BS artist, told me he almost came face to face with Mugabe when he was in London for the Lancaster House Agreement in the late 70's / early 80's

I was told ;- Mugabe was crossing the pavement to a waiting car, with all his goons around him, and in Mugabe eyes my mate (who probably wasn't concentrating too hard on where he was going) got shall we say ''too close'' to Mugabe for Mugabe's comfort, ..and in the second or so their eyes met, my mate swore that if he'd been in Rhodesia (as it still was then) Mugabe would have personally killed him.

It was all over in a flash Mugabe was in to the car etc etc etc, but my mate ( who was used to dealing with men in business - playing hardball etc etc and watching their eyes - he was a financier) said that Mugabe as in just his presence put the wind up him, ………he reckoned pure evil, ……...and barely under control at that.

Not that I'm interested in bidding, but consider the local guys perspective. Its a Sheriffs sale, but what if Bob is not happy with this sale? Would you buy a machine from a mobsters forced sale if he and his cohorts are still free? I don't think I would!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back