What's new
What's new

Rockford 20 Help

JoeHoltby

Plastic
Hello, often perused the pages here, and found tons of useful info already
A few years back I saved a big old camel back that turned out to be a Rockford 20

It looks to be a later one, with the bevel gears for table height adj, and fully geared power feed etc

I'm hoping to use it, so a light resto is planned and a few missing or broken bits need sorting

The interlock lever on the hand feed has been snapped (easy fix) but my main concern is the missing largest top roller for belt drive, I was simply going to ask for measurements and machine up a replacement, however from what I have gleamed from these pages it had some sort of (planetary?) reduction gearing inside for very slow speeds?
It would appear whoever took this off the machine also relieved it of the selector fork (I simply have an empty guide in the main frame)
I stand to be corrected though and if anyone could shed any further info on this arrangement that would be fab
Someone posted a link on 'Docs' post to info about these drills, but the link seems dead now, if anyone could point me to any info about these drills I'd hugely appreciate it

In an ideal world if someone knows of a drill being broken that I could buy the missing parts from?

Another question is the quill taper, Morse #4?? Or did they vary? Only the rough measurments I took didn't seem to correspond

I'll post some pictures up once I figure out how

Thanks

Joe

Someone posted a link on 'Docs' post to info about these drills, but the link seems dead now, if anyone could point me to any info about these drills I'd hugely appreciate it.

1909 Rockford Drilling Machine

This what you're looking for? Doc is active on these forums, perhaps send him a PM if he doesn't chime in. @DocsMachine

Missing parts are unfortunately unlikely, as any parts machines you might find will probably be more complete than yours. Maybe if you found one totally worn out, but I've yet to see that.

Post your taper measurements and we'll try to help.

Back