What's new
What's new

rosenfors rfu milling machine

rosenfors rfu milling machineI am in need

Iam in need of manuals for a 1970 rosenfors rfu milling machine parts or repair.If you could copy or have arginals i will gladly pay the costs.Got a manual out of the U.K it was a rip off. Hope this is the right place to post this thanks

Tried him, 50 pounds for a well copied manual but not much useful infor. I have to tear this mill right down as it was never cleaned and was in storage for 15 years.Do not want to break anything parts might be hard to get. Thanks

Tried him, 50 pounds for a well copied manual but not much useful infor. I have to tear this mill right down as it was never cleaned and was in storage for 15 years.Do not want to break anything parts might be hard to get. Thanks

That's not Tony's doing. That's the way it is with easily the majority of Machine Tools.

Factory never PLANNED to "go away". Always expected to be "involved" in a majorrepair or rebuild. Had as-built drawings, electrical schematics, hydraulics info, and the like that were separately held, maybe sold. Maybe NOT for sale. Those were never IN a basic parts list and operational or "end user" maintenance manual.

Factory floor Millwright or "whatever" had to mess to a greater depth than "usual" due to a crash or component failure? They were meant to contact the factory for the extra specific details they needed, and DID do.... back when the factory still existed.

Monarch Lathe still have THEIR ones for those among us who need such. But Monarch is a fairly rare case of a "'successor/survivor" with the continuity to still have all the OEM records.

"Hendeyman", sole practitioner, AFAIK, is another, as is Scott at Logan Actuator.

Absent such good fortune, it's like a UXB expert or "BDO" disarming a degraded landmine, truant prior-war artillery shell, or IED with anti-tamper "booby traps".

Best you can do is hope for conventional practice, proceed carefully, take LOTS more notes and photos than you think you will even need, even record voice notes whilst both hands are busy as you go.

The mill itself is your 3-D "drawing". Might be all you get, but it cannot lie nor be a "mismatch" rev level, can it?

Good men built a thing? Other good men with hands-on it can figure out how to fix it.

Better men with prior knowledge from years of use in the field of problematic areas can even improve upon it.

Been that way since fist gave way to stick, stick was improved on by use of stones, and onward it went, one clever mind after another 'til we were plotting and scheming a trip to Mars!

Mill repair oughta be CHEAPER than a Mars shot, if nothing else.

:D

Try maskinisten.net, it's a Swedish site, but you can get by on English. They have manuals in the download section (I'll check for you after this is posted).
Edit; here's a better link; Verktyg och verkstadsmaskiner • Maskinisten
This is the machine tool section, you can search for your mill there (use Google translate to translate...)

Kjelle

thanks very much going to try today not very good on a computer

I just tried it with their search function on the ONE word we need not translate:

94 träffar: Rosenfors

"träffar" is "hits"

Sveriges and elt Norsk are among the archaic contributors to what was to become English, so it won't be as hard as some other languages could be. Numbers are numbers, lubricants are sort of universal, so I won't be all that bad [1]. "etc"

[1] An acquaintance of mine had a PhD. Couldn't find WORK at it. So he was a Jewlery buyer. His borderline useless PhD doctoral submission?

Medieval period Spanish. Anti-semitic. Poetry.

Go figure we had a surplus of experts or a strong Union that kept him out of a job at it? Why do some folk even BOTHER to sit 4 years for a BS or BA, two more for a Masters.. then go the extra time for a "Doctorate" in things that won't even buy groceries?

Hi Kjelle, I looked on the Swedish site you posted and could not make much sense out of it, like Larry I am not up on computers. So if you did have a look and find something would you let me know please.

Rosenfors Type RFU Year 1959 No. 411

Jim

Back