What's new
What's new

rusnok mini mill

rdionne

Plastic
I was looking for a small milling machine & stumbled across this one on a local craigslist ad, I trade a makita 10" mitersaw. the mill came with the vise, 2 collets & a few various cutters. It works great & is an awesome little machine.
Bob

DSC01311.jpg

Throw away the vise and buy something that´s in the same league as the machine is. :D Great deal!

There´s a Yahoo group with the Manual and a partslist online.

thats a cool looking little mill.....im wondering how much that MASSIVE looking table its sitting on weighs, is it a ship grating or something similar?

thanks guys, I think its a little better than the chinese ones i was looking at., I think it will take up to a 9/16 cutter,but not sure of the mills capacity & looking for some input on it. I have not done any machine work since high school, but have messed around with the mill & my lathe & have made a few useful things that i
needed. I do a lot of welding/fabricating & repairs & some blacksmithing out of my shop & that is a acorn, welding platten table, 5ft x5ft 5" thick & weighs around 2500# the mill is on it till i make a stand for it.
Bob

"Y" Collet size

thanks guys, I think its a little better than the chinese ones i was looking at., I think it will take up to a 9/16 cutter,but not sure of the mills capacity & looking for some input on it. I have not done any machine work since high school, but have messed around with the mill & my lathe & have made a few useful things that i
needed. I do a lot of welding/fabricating & repairs & some blacksmithing out of my shop & that is a acorn, welding platten table, 5ft x5ft 5" thick & weighs around 2500# the mill is on it till i make a stand for it.
Bob

Bob,

The max "Y" collet capacity is 1/2". I'm not sure of the max recommended cutter size.
Consider joining the Yahoo Rusnok group. There's not much activity there but there are
copies of Rusnok manuals available to members.

Cheers,
Ed

P.S. You got a great deal!

thanks for te info Ed, this is a model 80 & uses da 100 collets which go up to 9/16". I have run a 9/16 end mill, taking small bites with no problem & a real nice finish on the cut. I will check out the other group
Bob

. I do a lot of welding/fabricating & repairs & some blacksmithing out of my shop & that is a acorn, welding platten table, 5ft x5ft 5" thick & weighs around 2500# the mill is on it till i make a stand for it.
Bob[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info guys, im not sure how i dodged these things over the years but i did somehow.I looked them up and now i want one...time to trade in the old hickory stump:drool5:

That is a heck of a lot of capability for a small amount of space. Building a base seems to defeat the purpose, it can be bolted to any work bench. Anyway you use it - looks sweet.

rusnok

thanks peter, the mill has been a great addition to my shop. like a lot of my machines ( since my shop is also my garage & we park several vehicles in there) everything needs to be mobile so i can roll it out of the way when not using it.

I'd love to get one of these things. Seems like such a handy little mill if you doo really small jobs and don't have much space.

Back