What's new
What's new

for sale: Flather lathe,Norton surface grinder, other items, west central Vermont

northernsinger

Titanium
A friend is closing his family wood mill and has the machine shop items as well as the wood shop machinery for sale, at close down prices. Among the items are a Flather lathe at $450 and Norton surace grinder with chuck at $400. Flather photograph attached, there are two more lathes, a press or two,a drill press etc, at good prices. Please let me know of your interest, thanks.

100_3594.jpg

A friend is closing his family wood mill and has the machine shop items as well as the wood shop machinery for sale, at close down prices. Among the items are a Flather lathe at $450 and Norton surace grinder with chuck at $400. Flather photograph attached, there are two more lathes, a press or two,a drill press etc, at good prices. Please let me know of your interest, thanks.

View attachment 297727
The change gears and other parts are on the shelf on the wall
Its been frozen in time for a couple 20 years or longer.

The flather looks like 8' long. The so called "18-20" inch swing. 18" swing for real but for extra money Flather would "notch" the bed directly in front of the faceplate to allow things 20" diameter up to 8" thick.

Its a little later than mine.

Joe in NH

Though I didn't like closely (and can't find a photograph) the Norton must be a motor driven machine.
Yes, i would think the Flather is an 8 foot bed.

Two lathes and drill presses(not so antique, a Clausing Colchester and an Atlas lathe) have been sold out of this shop. I am still trying to help sell the Flather and the Norton surface grinder, as I think the Flather (asking 450) and the grinder (asking 400) are both working machines and low enough priced to do somebody so good. The Norton is later than the Flather and before this shop was in the shop of a noted local machinist.

Here are a couple more photographs snapped today, of the Flather:

Flather.hdstck.jpg

Flather.tlstck.jpg

The item sitting on the headstock is just a loose tin can. The little oiler covers are still there on the headstock, and I tink the old lathe has a very nicely engineered drive.

Back