What's new
What's new

For sale Invicta 6M 24” shaper

plumberpieco

Cast Iron
Moving out of my current location and I’m thinning down the herd. So one of the subjects is my Invicta 6M 24” shaper that has a rotating cube, original vice and has the cube outer support. Everything works and can be tested . I can load also. You can PM me or call fourfourzero342four724
Thanks Z
1B1BAD25-105F-410E-BCED-9DAC6A4DC285.jpg
8DC37010-6A82-4BE7-93B5-A076C5E98D8F.jpg
DFDB9601-2CD7-4B43-A7F0-FFA1D636CAC5.jpg
15704843-D3B1-4910-B91E-947F837EBADC.jpg

With no connection to the seller, (and at the risk of poking my snout in where it's not wanted ;) )

For anyone that doesn't know the brand.

Invicta shapers were OK, sort of Ford / GM / Chrysler of the shaper world, (not a Butler or Ormerod - aka the RR of British shapers) but obviously still capable of a good accurate job, ........ to the point if I was in the market for a 24'' shaper I'd definitely be giving an Invicta a look, ............BOTOH I'm not a machine tool snob or label queen :D

More info here Invicta & Elliott Shapers

With no connection to the seller, (and at the risk of poking my snout in where it's not wanted ;) )

For anyone that doesn't know the brand.

Invicta shapers were OK, sort of Ford / GM / Chrysler of the shaper world, (not a Butler or Ormerod - aka the RR of British shapers) but obviously still capable of a good accurate job, ........ to the point if I was in the market for a 24'' shaper I'd definitely be giving an Invicta a look, ............BOTOH I'm not a machine tool snob or label queen :D

More info here Invicta & Elliott Shapers

I can also vouch for the " Invicta " brand. I worked on several both in industry and at the local college I attended as an apprentice.
As Sami says they weren't a " Butler " or an " Ormerod " but they were a decent machine tool that I had many happy hours using. Pretty simple but bullet proof design. In the same ballpark as " Bridgeport " mills and " Colchester " lathes.

Regards Tyrone.

At one point I found a weight spec somewhere in the vicinity of 3000lbs, now compared to a G&E that’s rather light. I do have a users parts manual downloaded that does give dimensions but no weights. As mentioned I can load but delivery is not possible on my end. I’m going to request that you please call me for further discussions if interested at 440threefortwo47twofour. Thanks Z

Some people just like to talk. Nice size for a serious shaper guy. Maybe too big for most.
If I were closer, I would likely do something impulsive. Not that I need number 6.

Yep. I have it on a 45 record.

I think it was the " crypt kickers ". They don't make records like that any more sad to say.

That's a really handy size of shaper. Not too big and not too small. If you're creative with your set ups you can do amazing work on a good shaper. I spent many happy hours as a young man on those machines. That was before I graduated to the 24" " Butler " and then the 36" " Ormorod " - the " Rolls-Royce " of shapers.

Regards Tyrone.

Back