What's new
What's new

For Sale Rockford Hy-Draulic 16 inch shaper in Rochester, NY $500

Dave Vincent

Cast Iron
As it says. I bought this shaper in 4-5-2018. It was made in 1951. It has universal table , vice, power down feed, tool lifter and table rapids. When I got it the hydraulic cylinder leaked out the rod seals and had a blown out gasket on the cylinder end cap. Also the power down feed did not work. I replaced the packing and gasket in the hydraulic cylinder. The power down feed was the missing the key in the tool slide and the drive mechanism was assembled incorrectly. I also replaced the hydraulic oil and cleaned the chips out of the sump. Right now every thing is working. Right now the hydraulic pump has a slight oil leak when running. Depending what the air temp is (the colder the worse it is) when starting the machine the pump will rattle 5 seconds to 40 seconds on machine startup. Once the machine has been stated and warmed up for the day, if you restart it does not make any noise.
I am replacing this machine with a 24" crank type shaper. I for one would not get another hydraulic shaper. I do not like the noise it makes (It is not as bad as some of the ones I hear on youtube). After running it most of the day in the summer time the oil gets hot and is like a big heater. Yes it is faster to set up then a crank type but that extra minute or two is all right with me. Once I get the crank type it will be going out side under a tarp. I will oil up all the bare surfaces so it does not rust and leave power cord on it so it can be run.
I no one is interested it, I will see if any one wants parts from it and scrap the rest. Questions and comments are welcome. If interested in either parts or the whole machine you can email me at [email protected] or PM me.I will try to get some pictures in a couple of days.
Thanks for looking Dave.

Pictures

Here are the pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0398 2.jpg
    IMG_0398 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0394.jpg
    IMG_0394.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 156
Hi woodsrider845,
Yes it is still available. I can get to the garage door. When I moved it here I used one of those drop deck trailers from Sunbelt retails. Here in Rochester NY those trailer can still be rented, I just checked the other day.
Dave
PS My phone number is 585 334 9561 that is a land line.

Back