What's new
What's new

Save a swiss machine from the scrapper

Right down the street from me!:drool5: too bad I don't have a use for it, nor the room

I would offer to pay you to pick it up and ship it for me, but the wife is sore at me for buying a Moore no.3 jig grinder. I have to go drag it home this weekend..

If the owner can't sell it for $350, how do you suppose your gonna get
$5k to $8k for it ?
He said it sold at auction but was not paid for, so was not removed from bldg. It seems owner needs building empty ASAP, hence the scrap man WILL get it out by the deadline.
Who was the guy that wanted a jig bore for repairing helicopter parts a few weeks ago? He was unable to find a good jig bore if I remember right.

What is a jig borer used for? To my untrained eye it looks like a vertical mill with a very large work envelope.

They are used to locate and make holes with very high accuracy and precision--holes in "exactly" in the right place, which are very round, very straight and very perpendicular and exact in size. Previously used in industry to make drill jigs for production, among other things.

It's a number 4. If you look it has two spindles, a Morse #1 for spotting and fine work and a Morse #4 for heaver work.

Nice machine for it's age (1930's)

The downside of this machine is that it does not appear to have any tooling ,and as has been said ,it is an old one.

Back