What's new
What's new

Seneca falls star lathe 1886 vintage---for sale

stef.

Aluminum
I am selling my early vintage Seneca Falls Star Lathe. The circa date of 1886 is of the early style of Star lathe. The lathe is in fine condition, it is in original paint with no repairs or abuse. There is one tooth missing from an internal gear that does not affect the operation of the lathe, it came that way from the original owner with no explanation. I have used this lathe in every operation from threading to facing to turning down shafts. It runs in as new condition. This Star lathe was the second lathe that I purchased 45 years ago in upstate New York from the family of a gunsmith. The Star lathe was ranked #1 in my collection of many lathe I have owned. Specs about the Star lathe are: It is a 9 inch lathe with 36 inches between centers. The lathe has power feed to the cross slide. The accessories are a 3 jaw chuck, center rest, 5-1/2 inch face plate and 13 original change gears.
Further reading about the Star lathe can be found on page 90 of Kenneth Copes book on foot powered machinery.

My reason for selling is that I will be moving to a smaller home with no room for a shop. I am asking $2000.00 for the lathe which can be picked up in Brighton, MI (48114).
Also, if interested in other quality foot powered tools feel free to email me for a list

IMG_8142.jpgIMG_8139.jpgIMG_8141.jpgIMG_8140.jpgIMG_8143.jpg

That’s really neat, if I was single( or wanted to be single quickly), that would be in my living room , right next to the Ducati that I’d buy :)
Good luck , I’m sure you are not excited about selling.
I guess we haven’t made much advancement in the steady rest department in the last 134 years :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back